Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private -[PR]- Servers

Go down 
+4
=PGN= DingoBalls
FORGIVEN
=PGN= BigGnats
Honky
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:50 pm

will have a look tonight while missus is at work if i can get on
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:34 pm

1. Bots were not dropping out as human players joined. This may have been fixed but i can't be sure untill we have a decent session with more than 3 people on at a time.

Im jumping in this arvo for a bash...will post results later tonight

2. Bots are XP whores!! I logged on this morning and some of them had over 4000 XP!! Hackers!! Will look at changing that soon by tweaking the bots a bit. Should be able to set it so they reset at 1500 XP. Think that would work ok... let me know.

Those bots runamok when nobodys looking...

3. Bots too hard? Some feedback so far that people are getting owned by the bots. I can tweak the difficulty down a little and we'll try that.

Nah they aint hard...although a couple of 'em are MG whores. Leave them as they are I reckon..or tweak them up if anything. Go hard or go home I say

4. XP resetting between maps. Need some feedback here. Is this happening? I've tweaked our cfg file but it shouldn't be resetting anyway. Have adjusted the save time though. XP now saves for 10 days. That way long term players can always come back with the XP they accumulated the day before. might help slay those XP whore hack bots!!

The only time my XP reset was when you rebooted the server last night, after that I cruised to an easy 1200+ in a few hours

5. The only other error so far is the downloading of the jaymod files but i think we can get past that by using the link in the forums or messaging someone on xfire with the file and initiating a file transfer.

When I logged in and saw how long it was going to take for the download I googled the file got it in a flash. If anyone wants it xfire me...

SUGGESTION: The only thing that bothered me is the time between maps being too fast. I couldnt get to see my game stats and smak talk it up between rounds LOL. Other than that I'm enjoying this game again. Props to you Honky for getting this going mate. Well done man!!!

My feedback
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 pm

Ok will look at changing the intermission time to a bit more of a braggable time frame lol...

As for the XP reset, well it did it to me heaps today while i got on... I've tried to cap the bots XP to 2000 as well and then reset but im not sure if thats going to happen or what. Seems like it's resetting at the start of each map... which sucks, cause i just get the molotov's out and my xp's gone!! Not sure WTF is happening there hey, my cfg makes sense... Might have to look elswhere for some help.

Agree on the bot difficulty, they aren't that bad and actually quite smart too. If you start owning them on one route to the objective they'll come from somewhere else. Clever.... Just wish my team bots would stop stepping on my mines... idiots!!

Ok well the server will now have 20 slots when i get a chance to change the server cfg so we should always be able to get a slot and 10 -[PR]- vs 10 BOTs is definately on the cards. Vent Team warfare against The -[PR]- Hack bots!! Woohoo!! Bring it!!
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah not bad at all Honky took some getting used to with the bots ESPECIALLY when they can drop you with 1 shot from a 9mm then you come back and they are still there and you cant even hit them with a rifle lol scratch and as for getting xp happening well i started to and then lost it all and kept losing it each map BUGGER Crying or Very sad I mean its hard enuff for a noob like me without loosing xp at each map bom still good though. By the way how did the PR GIMP bot happen to get IT'S name Wink
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:14 am

Honky,

You might want to look at having a link to an FTP file containing the maps used on the server rotation .Absolute pain in the arse watching a map download at dial up speeds.
Either that mate, give me the map list and i\'ll make a blurb up for downloading them from an alternative source with the links.

ps. Forgiven, dude , go to another fucking colour, real hard for us coloured blinded twats to read blue

Last edited by on Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 6:21 am

Ah ok, there's a disk with all the maps you need floating around mate. Easiest way is to hit glenno up for it. Then just drag and drop. The maps are nearly 700 mb all up... not that we use all of them but that would be easier. Nearly everyone has used an install disk with the maps in it so you and Forgiven are probably the only blokes who are still downloading...

And Splinter, as for the Gimp suit... well ask catchy... It's his suit after all.... lol
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 9:29 am

BigGnats wrote:

ps. Forgiven, dude , go to another fucking colour, real hard for us coloured blinded twats to read blue

No worries, how about white, will that do...and while Im at it...do you want me to use a 72 size font as well lol!
If you squint your eyes you will see a sailing ship after a while...

BWAAAHAAAA
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Ahh cheers Honky am happy it's for Catchy lol just thought you were having abit of a dig Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 7:39 am

Fellas, we can hire a BF2 server running AIX for $4 a slot Private or $6 a slot Public.... Let me know what you think.....
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:35 am

Sounds good the private one
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:41 am

Private server is fine by me mate, we could always change it to public at a later date i suppose
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 9:50 am

Cool as mate... are you keen to get the Stats script set up still? I can get the AIX setup sorted but i haven't looked into any scripts yet... to be honest i'm a bit over it after ET gave me som much troubles lol!!.... Still shouldn't be too hard with a bit of know how... Servers have FTP access etc so can't be too hard hey?

Anyways let me know if you can do it and i'll see what i can do.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Yeah, still keen for stats if everyone else is, i'll see what i can dig up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private -[PR]- Servers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2