Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private -[PR]- Servers

Go down 
+4
=PGN= DingoBalls
FORGIVEN
=PGN= BigGnats
Honky
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Private -[PR]- Servers Empty
PostSubject: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 pm

I've been contemplating this for a while. ever since Biggnats and Forgiven joined and hooked us up with our own COD4 server i've been thinking about an ET one with bots. I reckon if we had a server like the one Griffith uses, we would end up using it heaps in between sessions. I put some thought into it, how good would it be to be able to tweak the bots and set our own team up and then go up against the bots? I reckon that would be awesome. Set the bots, jump on VENT, war on!! Plus when we have a session like we usually do on Sunday, bots get turned off, session on, bot's go back on again and whoever wants to play on can. Plus this way during the week, newer players can get their heads around objectives and maps without getting completely owned by tards with no lives on the public servers.

Anyways, i've enjoyed smashing on on Biggnats's, Forgivens server (just don't seem to get enough time to get on it though!!) it's wicked. I reckon if we had a couple going it would rock. Some service providers also allow for 2 games. mods and admin switching. So you could have an ET server and a BF2 server and switch between the 2. Be pretty cool on BF2 setting up some of the mods available and doing some co-op games... that would be awesome.

Anyways, the prices are really reasonable with a 12 slot server costing around $55. That works out to around $6 a slot. Not much really and if we all chipped in we could keep it going as long as we wanted, plus add slots as more players join in with us. Not sure how paying for it would work, but i guess a donation thing...? Hmm not sure, still doesn't really bother me setting it up as long as people use it.

Ok, well let me know what you think. I'm still waiting on a few guys to get back to me with options and prices but if i find one i'm probably going to set it up and give it a run. We'll soon see if it's gonna work and lets face it, $50 is probably a lot less than i spend on piss each week!!

Cheers
Honky
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Honkey,

Not too sure where to find it, but ive seen on other sites where you can contribute money towards a server.I think it was called Clan-Pay or something along those lines.
Otherwise just set up a Paypal link for contributions, only problem is someone will have to intially pay for the setup and we would pay them.
Either way mate, im pretty keen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 1:54 pm

One other thing too mate, The GameArena COD4 server we have ,doesn't have FTP access, so we cant install mods or access the PB screenshots ect (Hackers rejoice cheers ) Just something to keep in mind if considering Game Arena
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Count me in Honky...
A BF2 Server would be sweet...and so would a ET BOT server.
Whatever the outcome...I'll chip in no dramas
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Yeah fellas, i'm keen as. Gamearena is out though. As you said Biggnats no FTP? WTF? thats lame and they won't put bots on their servers either cause their harware won't run it... Super Lame!! So i've scratched them from the list straight away. They're cheaper but i'll pay more to get what we want, not less and put up with crap!! lol...

The other guys i'm waiting on are Ozforces and Netwars... No ones got back to me yet but if they've got FTP and they've got the hardware i guess i could set it up myself... See what happens.

As far as payment, well i'll put up the funds and so far everyone who i've talked to doesn't mind chipping in... fuck, it's 6 bucks... you can't even hire a dvd for that anymore... let alone your own slot on a server for a month... I think i can do a paypal thing on the site too but i'm don't really want to chase cash so i'll leave it as an honour system... see what happens i guess...

Anyways i'll keep ya posted on what they come back with and hopefully we'll get ourselves a good setup!!

Cheers
Honky
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Just a quick one, i've been reading up on the AIX mod for BF2. Whats the go? I've got it downloading now and will give it a run in the morning if i get up early.. lol, but it says it's mainly for single player? Does it work ok in multiplayer? Give us the goss boys!! whats the go?
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 9:56 pm

AIX mod is for both multiplayer and singleplayer. There are a lot of dedicated servers running the AIX mod in both multi and coop modes, they should show up in your BF2 browser server list if your filter settings are configured right. Its a great game in single player as well. AIX maps run there own bots, got a whole bunch of new weapons (throwing knives...I mean WTF???) tanks, jets, choppers and all sorts of other cool shit.
After some 3-400 hours of playing BF2 vanilla, the AIX mod was almost an entirely new game to me and got me back into it for at least another 100 or more hrs before I got bored again.
All the vehicles and weapons have new dynamics, splash damage recoil blah blah blah.
The list is endless and I CBF typing all that shit...

Check it out at the AIX WEBSITE

Or have a gander at this vid...the A-10 should wet your whistle.

EDIT: Just noticed a bunch of new map packs available for download....Iwo Jima looks interesting...I'm gonna grab them.
EDIT 2: Honky, I checked out the websites of the server rentals you've been looking at mate...pretty good prices there dude. Keep me posted on your progress. Im keen as...

cheers
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:24 am

Had a run with AIX this morning... Wow dude, awesome... will definately be hitting this one often by the looks. New weapons, vehicles, factions, everything. Just had a quick run against some bots this morning and the maps are wicked. Didn't get to use any vehicles though, wrong map for that, but had a good run with a few different weapons which was cool.

Anyway, still waiting for an email back from the server guys so i hope they get their shit together soon!! Found a ET server yesterday you can rent for $4 a slot... not sure what you get for it though. I'm kinda looking towards these other ones, they cost around $89 a month but are switchable between games... BF2 and ET? That'd work, plus you can switch mods when ever you like... not bad at all... now if they'd just get their shit together and email me back!! lol
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 6:53 am

Wait till you get into hovering over the map in a Harrier and cleaning up with the guns, or carpet bombing with the A-10....
Much joy to be had from elminating half the map in a single pass bombing raid.
Then theres my personal fave, the little bird chopper..... talk about "Death From Above"
hahaha

Good luck getting that BF2/ET server...and running mods would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= DingoBalls
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN= DingoBalls

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 am

....is it possible to run it from the house? Sometime ago, Beams and I thought about trying to run a Wolf ET server from the house but were not sure about our 1.5Mbit down and 256kb up connetion. I'm sure our 20Gbyte "daytime" limit for the month would be OK. That was back when we were only getting 5-6 people on a Sunday night. Now it's 10 or more!!!! Not sure we can get that many players date through the connection. Would probably be slow as? Rolling Eyes

Has any of you long time "gamers" tried this in the past?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:21 am

I've done it a few times but it ultimately lags something cruel and it ended up just being easier to book a server through GA... I used to set up a FEAR combat listen server and teh results were not great hey. So much easier just to book one... At least then you know it's dedicated and can cope with it...

I like the idea of renting a server cause then it's only up to us to admin the thing and if it stuffs up they have to figure out what the hells wrong with it. LOL!! I'm getting over trying to figure out server config etc... took me long enough to get GA up to spec with jaymod!! I virtually wrote their whole config file!! Shit that took some work hey... So if someone else can do it for us, well i don't mind paying for that!! lol...

Oh and hell yeah!! I can't wait to give AIx another run!! Sucks though cause i'm of to TP tonight, back Sunday, Work monday, busy all week!! Bet ya i won't get a chance till bloody next week!! Then it's on!! Hopefully on our own server!!
Back to top Go down
Beamrider
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Beamrider

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:49 pm

YES YES we need a private server for BF2 badly i'm sick of being nade spammed and sniper pwned by these guys. It would be great nevertheless. Very Happy
It would be nice though if we could put BF2 euro force and armoured fury maps on it if you guys ever get it up and running...i don't have SF...yet. Mad
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 6:15 am

It is possible to run your own server from home.
As far as I know....the most popular way to run LAN over the INTERNET is by using HAMACHI VPN software.
There are a lot of clans that use this for practice scrims etc and theres a lot more info about REGISTERED LANS, SET UPS, ISSUES etc on the WHIRLPOOL FORUMS or google.
Its had some fairly mixed reviews.

I havent tried Hamachi myself...the feedback is 50/50 and it doesnt look too difficult to set up, so if someone want s to give it a go, let me know and Ill try to set up a game.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:58 am

Nah, only a dedicated server would do for what we need, a home based server would lag down too quickly. Unless someones holding out and not telling us they have a 1 gig down/ 1 gig up internet connection( which will never exist in this country while Telfuck run the show )
Back to top Go down
=PGN= DingoBalls
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN= DingoBalls

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:07 am

Nah, probably just best to have a private server. We (most) all seem to be short on time….. the wife, work, kids, school etc. etc. Easier to have a private server. I just thought it would easy easy easy with the firewall technology in the ADSL modem(?), I could just "port forward" everyone playing ET to say.... port 27960 to the dedicated ET box on my LAN and give out my IP an hour prior to game time? But now that were getting 10 to 12 players and then there’s the problem of Toad, Honky and Dingo(me) racking up huge amounts of XP points, well….. we’d probably have a melt down!
lol!
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 7:23 pm

what what whats that beamers bitch Smile the only melt down you'd be havin is from my flame thrower, Razz muahhahaha, nah least use wont have to worry bout gettin caught hackin if its ur own server Razz, I mean how do you get high xp when you keep gettin stuck in the doorways?? aimbot v1.01 ring a bell pagey Smile
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 5:41 am

Ok Fellas, i haven't had much luck with these blokes getting back to me, although Netwars has returned my enquiry and can do an ET server for 3 bucks a slot. Man thats cheap as!! Thing is though, we'll need to set it up ourselves. So, here's what i'm asking... Can anyone who's keen get looking for the info we need to set up our own server with Jaymod and possibly omnibot? I'm thinking that Forgiven and Biggnats may just have some of the experience we need. I think i still have the server config files for jaymod same as the one GA is running now which is pretty much all we'll really need settings wise for jaymod but i'll have to do some serious digging for it. So anyway, if you get a chance, have a look for a guide on how to install jaymod, then how to install the bots, then possibly how to install additional maps on the server...

If it works out, i can see this being a long term thing (3 bucks a slot... shit, i could pay for a year in advance by using the change in my ash tray!! LOL) And if we can get it set up the way "WE" want it then there's probably no reason to ever shut it down. 1 Dedicated ET server, and maybe another dedicated server that can be switched between maybe BF2 with AIX and COD4 or even a public ETQW server if anyones up for it... See what happens...

Anyways, any help or research you guys can help me with would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers
Honky
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:25 am

Ok this might get some of the -[PR]- Tech nerds thinking...

Tutorials for installing Jaymod and Omnibot on a server. What do you think? Somehow i've ended up renting a server by accident, so far no support other than an IP address. I hope there's an email headed my way with all the FTP details so we can get it set up (update - Email should be here soon, server is nearly ready to go)... Anyways check out these links and tell me what you reckon.

http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2067

http://jaymod.clanfu.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=516

Just one more thing, after about an hour of searching old emails and junk i've found my original server.cfg scripts to set up jaymod the way we play now. Just need to get access which will be emailed to me soon from the guys setting up the server for us. Then we should just need to install Jaymod and omni bot, run the cfg's and away she goes... hopefully!! lol!!

Ok server is up!! Just got to get my head around the server admin setup and we should be good to go with it!! Bit hard to do while i'm at work lol!! but will do some more research and hopefully get something happening. For now though, if your keen to have a go at setting it up, PM me and i'll give you the FTP details etc...
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 10:26 am

is this a linux based server honky, i found an installation guide for installing enemy territory and the jaymod onto the server, or have we already got that far?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Pretty sure they're windows based mate... have FTP access now, just adding some maps to the setup and we should be good to add the mod, plus my cfg file to get it running... then it's bot time!!

Ok, i think i've almost got it running Jaymod, although it will be running an updated version jaymod 2.0.6 which is the same one that Griffith uses anyway so most of you will have it. It will downlaod from our server though if you don't have it at around 12 kb/sec which will take about 8 minutes.

Now to work out the bots!! Another thing to try get my head around... hooray!! lol
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm

from what i was reading, they reckon to install omni-bot, u may have heard of that already
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 5:26 am

Yeah thats the idea anyway, but i don't have that access so i need to ask the providers to do it... Hope i'm not pushing the friendship lol!!

Ok fellas, the server is up for anyone who's interested in giving it a run. Jaymod is working, although it's 2.0.6 same as Griffith so some of you may need to download it.

Server IP: 202.60.93.8:27965
Password: panzerwar

Give it a run, will try installing the bots soon!!

Cheers
Honky
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 9:12 am

Ok, run into bot dramas already but it should be fixed soon... bad news is, we're going to have to use a different version of Jaymod again... This one will be 2.1.7. It comes with some pretty cool features though, molotov cocktails for one, plus a range of different sounds for back stabs, etc so probably worth using... big thing though is it supports the latest omnibot release... big plus... other option is stay the same but have an earlier release of omnibot. Both ways have advantages but i think we should try the new jaymod... we can always change back... anyways we'll probably have to download a file when we start up but bear with it cause it should only take 10 or so minutes, once thats done, there should be no more mucking around and we'll be good to smash on!!
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:28 am

Alright then fellas, The server has been up for a few days now so hopefully you've all had a chance to get on it. Now for some feedback:

1. Bots were not dropping out as human players joined. This may have been fixed but i can't be sure untill we have a decent session with more than 3 people on at a time.

2. Bots are XP whores!! I logged on this morning and some of them had over 4000 XP!! Hackers!! Will look at changing that soon by tweaking the bots a bit. Should be able to set it so they reset at 1500 XP. Think that would work ok... let me know.

3. Bots too hard? Some feedback so far that people are getting owned by the bots. I can tweak the difficulty down a little and we'll try that.

4. XP resetting between maps. Need some feedback here. Is this happening? I've tweaked our cfg file but it shouldn't be resetting anyway. Have adjusted the save time though. XP now saves for 10 days. That way long term players can always come back with the XP they accumulated the day before. might help slay those XP whore hack bots!!

5. The only other error so far is the downloading of the jaymod files but i think we can get past that by using the link in the forums or messaging someone on xfire with the file and initiating a file transfer.

Other than that, the server is looking good!! Bring on the feedback fellas!! Don't be shy!!

Cheers
Honky
Back to top Go down
hashman
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
hashman

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:23 pm

Feed back ...You guys have evolved into freaking career gamers...sound good! Man it's bee n huge trying to catch up on the progressions over the past 6 weeks.
there's my feed back. silent Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private -[PR]- Servers   Private -[PR]- Servers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private -[PR]- Servers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next