Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we run a new format for ET servers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Should we run a new format for ET servers? Empty
PostSubject: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 am

Alright, lets get serious about our current sessions. Over the last few we've had, we've tried a couple of different things. We've been trying quite a few new maps and we've also tried having dual channels on teamspeak.
Now the new maps have not been well recieved but in my opinion we should be giving them a run, as it seems like we play the same ones over and over. Now i think the main reason for their cold reception is people just don't know what to do on them. Well this shouldn't be a problem as there is a screen in the limbo menu that tells you exactly what to do... I think once everyone gets the gist of the map, then they'll enjoy it.
The other thing is the dual teamspeak channels. The idea is to have 2 set teams before we start. This way you can really have true team work when it comes to objectives. Instead of typing orders to your team you can be speaking to them instead. This is the same sort of thing that BF2 runs when the team squads up and it works awesome.

Ok, this is what i propose. We have a set map sequence, with the majority maps we know and a couple of new maps. I think that we should have a request setup where people can ask for a specific map before we start it... ie Toad wants Goldrush, I want Radar etc... The newer maps can be limited to say, 2 a server so no one gets shitty but we still get a run on them and mix it up a bit.
We set up 2 teams before the booking. People should be allowed to request to be teamed up with people if thats what they want but moderation will be required to ensure teams stay fair. The problem i forsee with this is, people not showing, or members showing late etc, or people not being able to commit (The fact that we can only book a server 3 days in advance makes this tough also). But, i reckon we can get round this by simply setting down a rule that who ever comes late, joins a channel and asks who's team they should join. As long as they hit Teamspeak first we should be ok and the crew playing will know who needs the help... That means everyone needs teamspeak but the majority of us already have it and it's probably something that everyone should be using anyway... It's bloody awesome and really does make a session when everyone's carrying on in game!! lol... plus you can get a headset for about 20 bucks so really there's no excuse!!

Anyways, the idea is out there fellas so let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 8:48 am

sounds good honky, give it a try and see how it goes.
I dont think it will matter what team i go on, everyones gunna die, muahahhah Smile
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I agree with your proposal to a point honky.
Prior agreement on map rotations and teams is a good thing for the sessions, keeps things in place and quarrel free. Sunday sessions are IMO about good times and fun, "am I right or am I right" (quote=Walter Sabchak-The Big Lebowski).
Another option is to jump in Griffith servers and spread some love to the bots in there. This way all the map options etc are out of our hands, we all get on one team and we play for the sake of playing, completing objectives and winning....nothing else. There won’t be too many times when PR will have the server to ourselves but it’d be good to dish it out to the bots, regular hackers/tweakers and script kiddies that visit there….
However if you want to "get serious"....then I suggest joining a ladder such as GA ET Ladder and having a crack at some established clans *cough>hackers<*cough. Most of these types of scrims are 6 V 6, best of 3, and with the talent base and numbers we got here it shouldn't be too hard to get a team together. That way PR will be on the same team with each player having a specific role to play i.e. their favorite class. This will add purpose to the scrims.
Just my 2 black cents worth from the NKOtB.
Ps. Im missing all the BF2 fun atm due to some resolution issues but I should have it sorted soon I hope. Has anyone found angryanzac or wetf his name was lol…
Back to top Go down
Beamrider
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Beamrider

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:16 pm

I do like the idea on introducing two new maps into the server everytime we play. Very Happy

Nevertheless i think its a good idea overall.
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 8:11 am

19 hours of BF2 already Sean!!!! and you only got it the a few days ago, lol. thats good going. Must be all those late nights ha Sean *insert pagey's comments here* lol Razz
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2008 10:57 am

Honky dude i reckon it sounds real good though i havent been able to play for so long but be back soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we run a new format for ET servers?   Should we run a new format for ET servers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we run a new format for ET servers?
Page 1 of 1