Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Empty
PostSubject: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Well they aren't really getting much use and to be honest they are becoming a pain in the arse to keep running all the time... So i'm thinking about shutting them down boys... I kinda think that it would just be easier to set them up for one off sessions like for a sunday night, instead of having them running all the time. It's just becoming a pointless excersize really.

Anyways i'm open for thoughts on the matter and if you want them to stay thats not a drama.. I'm happy to keep them running if they are gonna get the use.

The vent server would stay of course but i'm seriously thinking of switching to Teamspeak. It's half the price of the Vent server and even that doesn't get much use... But anyways thats a discussion for another day...
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 8:51 am

thats probably a good idea, it's not like they get much use outside of sunday.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= DingoBalls
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN= DingoBalls

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Chris, is it a pain in the ass to run all the servers? Why not just shut off a few of them? Or is a pain no matter how many you run???
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Fair enough I still enjoy getting AIX fired up every now and then at least then i dont have to wait for others to no show i can just smash on with the bots
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Fellas the servers can be a pain in the arse hey, but they aren't a big drama. I just would rather see them used than just sit there. It took me a fair bit of time and effort to get these running thats all...
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:48 pm

Well dude I like the AIX but is it like Dingoe asks would it be easier to shut the ones down that aren't being used?? or is it all the same no matter what? I"m thinking of going back and having a go at some real old time fun with abit of ET aswell, mmmmmmmmmmmwell LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...   I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about pulling the plug on our servers...
Page 1 of 1