Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?

Go down 
+2
=PGN= BigGnats
Honky
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Gotta say, i'm definately looking forward to it hey and after reading the hands on impressions on IGN about it i'm even more keener... 4 player co op in the single player mode will be awesome for sure!! Even the mp side of things looks good... same sort of leveling up system and perks etc as COD4 which will be cool as... and i love the 7 kill streak... instead of a helo you unleash a pack of dogs... nice lol... i hated those fuckers in COD4!!... then there's the play dead perk... i can imagine that being about 400 x more annoying than martydom lol...

Anyways for those interested, http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/917/917349p1.html will get you to the article on ign... Bring on release in November!! Woot it's getting close!!
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:43 pm

I had it in my hands the other day at EB Games, couldn't believe my luck, took it to the counter,said i would like to buy this.The young guy gave me this "who the fucks this retard" look and said "sorry sir, pre orders only".Gave him a "well,get fucked look back" and walked out.
Can't wait, looks and sounds really good.
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 pm

/\ hahaha biggnats thats gold...

Ive just started getting back into COD again...fuckn grouse

and cheers for the heads up on the new one... Ill be grabbing that for sure.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:09 pm

Hey dude, welcome back, you on break now?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am

OMG Forgiven? is that you? really?

Man i can't wait for this one hey... another one on the horizon is Far Cry 2 and this game looks EPIC.... I'll definately have to get them both lol
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:19 am

Fellas, i've been selected to take part in the Beta testing for COD5. Unfortunately it's for the xbox 360 but i'll have to deal with that i guess... omg back to thumbsticks lol... i want my mouse!! lol...

Anyways it's downloading now so when i get home this arvo i should be right to give her a run. Looking forward to this one hey... looks good so far, but i'll give you the goss after i've thrashed it like i thrash fully's mum....
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am

Honky,

Ive got a beta key as well mate, don't know anybody else that would like it?
I don't own a xbox unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am

Soz dude the only other bloke i know that would have used it would be Vader but he's gone awol as and sold most of his stuff (LAME)... i was kinda hoping to get on the PC beta myself... i can't stand using a controller now lol... at least i can run this thing through my tv... should look alright on the 46 inch bravia in hi def...

Hey nats, you should sell it on ebay lol... you never know, you might make some bank off it heh heh
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:27 am

-[PR]- Honky wrote:

Hey nats, you should sell it on ebay lol... you never know, you might make some bank off it heh heh

Thinkin mate, wonder how much i could get???????????..................nah fuckit.

if anybody is out there wanting a beta key, pm me and i'll send it too ya.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Well, i've had a quick run on COD5 on a like... A LOT!! Apart from the shitty controller lol (i want my mouse god damn it!) the game looks awsome... it has some seriously good maps, some great weapons and a real WW2 feel to it hey... the atmosphere is unreal!! Can't wait to spend some more time on it and will feed back more info as i get more of a chance... Some really cool stuff in this one hey... the pack of dogs is crazy!! and the kill cam is cool as with grenades and rpg rounds now cam'ing all the way to the target... so you can see just how noob you are from the grenades pov... while your standing all over the fucking thing!! lol
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:56 pm

Console=ghey
/end
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Nice dude i will be over tomorrow arvo to give it a run...... I will bring the beers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:34 pm

Minsup <- has pre-ordered cod5 Very Happy . Co-op looks intense. cant wait to try it
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 am

Belleye wrote:
Console=ghey
/end

100% Agree.... I'm over getting owned due to shitty console controllers!! But hey, it gives me a look at the game which is good....

So far so good anyways, i'm really liking the gameplay and the war mode is damn good... really hi ping so far though and i'm lag fragging out most games which really adds to the uber enjoyable experience i'm having already with the 360 controller lol... The atmosphere is sensational and the maps are really nicely done. It all feels very ww2 ish hey and the voice overs are pretty funny... Arty is cool as and you can see that shit lobbing from over the field from miles away and even predict where it'll land. Dogs on the other hand run a fucking muck and cause panic amongst the troops like you wouldn't believe lol... at least you can cap those fuckers and stabbing one is really enjoyable after it's flew at ya and missed... stupid dog!! Play Dead!!

Looking forward to the pc version... i wish i had a headset hey, then i could yell at these 360 tards and tell them how bad i'd own them with a mouse and kb lol... prolly still get owned anyways heh heh...
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 pm

Well i got my PC beta keys today, typical! on nights tonight Sad

Internode has mirrored the file so it's free download for myself
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Arrrr if i dl it i'll get capped!!! Arrrrr and i'm getting owned on the 360 cause of the stoopid friggin controllers!!!

Just as i thought... 134 mb left untill i'm capped!! Faaaarrrrrkkkkk... i might dl it at work lol.... risky as but fuck it lol
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:22 am

lol,yeah do it mate, its not bad eh.................except for the fucking dogs!!!!
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:09 am

lol i hear ya... they scare the shit out of me lol... i love the arty shell kill cam though... thats awesome... Found a "how not to get capped" saviour in Splinter. He's DL'd it for me and i'm good to go!! Shit yeah dude, i love it but i'm sick of having to use that bloody 360 controller hey!! Can't wait to roll like a big boy again lol
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Yeah, controllers would be shit big time. I have found one thing that gives me the shits.
Because i play up the other end of the keyboard (like splinter) i'm having a hard time to bound "prone" and "crouch" to the numpad...........really starting to piss me off (problem is now fixed)

Last edited by BigGnats on Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 9:23 pm

Your welcome Honky it was no probs and what good would it be to have a neighbour and fellow regiment team mate if you cant call on their assisstance LOL.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 6:30 am

Lol yeah good work mate, it's HEAPS better on my pc!!

I love the atmosphere in this game hey. The "War" gametype is my favourite so far and gives a real battlefield feeling when your pushing forward or getting pushed back or trying to hold a position. Damn good.

I was in a round this morning where we were getting owned hey. I had about 4 kills and 12 deaths and had pretty much written the round off as being a bad one for me. Then we managed to hold our last flag, get another back the lose it, hold ours then push forward again, i got a few kills up and brought in recon, then one of the boys brought in some arty and we pushed forward and managed to cap another flag, the opposition came flooding in and i picked off a few more and grabbed an arty strike. Waited until we had regrouped and called it in and we flooded the next point... mayhem... nades and gas and flares everywhere hey... shit was going down all over the joint. Blokes were running out of ammo and going the slash, we had snipers picking people off... but we held on to cap the flag... was awesome... managed to get my streak up enough to call in the dogs. Died before i could do it though so respawned and re assessed. The boys were being forced off our newly capped real estate... called in the dogs... mass panic... dogs everywhere and this is on the beach map where it's already hard as to see anything... they were getting smashed and i had recon and arty ready to go again...

Whole round ened up with us pushing onto the last flag and them holding on to it like buggery... There was arty, Dogs, nades, molotov's,flares, gas... you name it hey, it was exploding all around us... you couldn't see for the dust and debris from the arty, you couldn't hear anything from all the noise... there were people going down left right and centre and you couldn't help but run in blind and hope for the best... Fucking Awesome!! It was like playing the beach scene in saving private ryan... Sensational hey!!

The atmosphere is definately something that makes this game stand out and when in the "War" game type it's definately at it's best... you really feel the struggle to hold a position, the fear as those fucking dogs storm your flag and you try to get em before they get you or your mates, the way a close arty shell stuns you and shakes you up.... man i even got my legs blown off by a nade last night ffs!! Very cool anyways and if 4 player co op is anything like the this mp beta i'll be VERY keen to spend some quality time with this one hey.

Oh just another quick thing... last man stands... it can happen even without the perk enabled... and... your team mates can revive you!! If they have that perk lol... I also like the reset grenade timer perk when you throw it back... cool...

Anyways, my thoughts so far for those interested...

Cheers

Honky
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 am

Fellas EB games has opened in Karratha!! KFC and now EB!! Man we are going up in the world bigtime!! lol...

anyways, Word from them is that this releases on the 12th... 2 days to go!!!!! bring it on... got one pre ordered and will no doubt have to make the special trip over to grab it!! heh heh...
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Shit you blokes are spoilt Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Looks like ima visit the big smoke namely karratha some weekend for a kfc run and a game run, who would of thought an EB would open there. Karratha of all places xD Razz

edit -> DAMN this high grade shut, I want GH-WT as well! raid eb shelves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?   Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone getting keen for the new COD game to come out?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next