Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vent vs TS - keep or change?

Go down 
3 posters

Vent Vs Teamspeak?
Change to TS?
Vent vs TS - keep or change? Vote_lcap245%Vent vs TS - keep or change? Vote_rcap2
 45% [ 5 ]
Nah Keep Vent...
Vent vs TS - keep or change? Vote_lcap255%Vent vs TS - keep or change? Vote_rcap2
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Vent vs TS - keep or change? Empty
PostSubject: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:44 am

Fellas,

I'm getting increasingly dissappointed with the performance of Vent with people firing it up after not using it for a while to find it doesn't work. It just seems to be so unreliable all the time. when it works, it's brilliant... when it doesn't it fk's everyone over... Just seems to work when ever it feels like it for some reason...

Anyways i want to revivie the debate. Should we go to Team speak instead? I'll throw a poll up for it so please vote if you have a preference. I can set up a server from home that will give us a chance to give TS a run although this isn't a brilliant option cause it won't perform that well on my connection... key is, will it be any better for reliability... It's not that hard to swap the vent server to a TS one if we do want to go down that road...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am

I never had trouble with voice comms when we had TS but with vent all i have is problems, hopefully with TS it might sort some shit out
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

I remember having team speak... but i cant remember if it was any good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

You're not any good o.0
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:49 am

Teamspeak is alright although it doesn't have the quality of Vent. Thing is tho, it seems to be a hell of a lot less trouble and more reliable... will set up a trial soon and see how it runs hey...
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 am

Yeah that would be good dude as we had the same pole over 12 months ago but it wasnt changed then and has now started the shit all over again LOL. CHANGE KILL DESTROY. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Ok i'm going to get off my arse with this and we'll give TS a try running from my home connection... Can't say it'll be super awesome but we'll give it a go... the thing for me will be to see if it can perform for a period without suddenly not working... which is the main reason i see for Vent being such a c*nt all the time.... Will keep ya's posted anyways and let you know when it's up and ready for action...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

If you guys had an idea of how vent works you wouldnt have any problems? Vent is the best out there what are the details Honky I will add"TS" is totally noob I normally use Minsups vent serv? People having problems please go to noobtube.com and search "DIY vent setup" watch n learn fellas all good cya's btw i'm flooding the posts to boost rank xD
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Man i agree that vent is better quality wise but dude seriously the thing is unreliable... It's shocking for just suddenly not working when you haven't done anything to change it...

Oh and if your looking for the ip etc it's in the PGN servers topics mate...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vent vs TS - keep or change?   Vent vs TS - keep or change? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vent vs TS - keep or change?
Page 1 of 1