Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?

Go down 
+2
=PGN=Ryker
Honky
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 9:43 am

Well? i'm keen if you blokes are... maybe get a HQ sesh going or something? Our server? Who's keen?
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:12 am

yeah if I can get the handbrake unstuck
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:21 am

Yeah iam for sure! even team death match would be cool. But no HC hey
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:36 am

Hey you think the Rooters are keen for another game?
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:48 am

Bummer , on nights for the next 3
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey i was thinking about setting up a sesh with a zombie mod called "Before the dawn" I had a quick play on it the other day and it's not too bad. The idea is you squad up as marines and find a good spot to dig in, then a wave of 20 odd zombies attacks you and you hold em off. If you manage to kill em all, then an ammo crate drops on the maps somewhere, you all head to the crate, restock and dig in again. Add a heap more zombies and another wave arrives and you smash on again!! This lasts untill the map either finishes or you all get munched by the zombies... It's pretty simple, but it's fast as and when the f$%kers break the line panic sets in real quick!! lol... The zombies look pretty stoopid, but they turn into a nice red mist when you pop one in the head at close range lol...

I like how you dig in, set up C4 etc, space yourselves around so you can cover entry/exits and cover your mate while he's reloading etc... Sounds like a good plan till one of em gets through... lol then it becomes f$%king mayhem lol...

Anyways, it might be worth a try if you blokes are keen... what do ya reckon? Not sure how we'd go with it on our Hypernia server but i might be able to get her running at home if i can get my connect issues sorted...
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 2:28 pm

just say when
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 3:13 pm

that sounds alot like the multiplayer game valve are brewing up atm!!! unless its out already?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:40 am

Ok fellas i think i've got the server thing sorted. Seems i can't connect to my own dedicated server at all (even though i definately have in the past) I need to create a listen server to be able to host and play at the same time. I found the answer through Activisions help pages so it's come from the right source.

Anyways my server is up and running using the "Before the Dawn" Zombie mod so feel free to jump in and give it a try. (without me!! lol)

You will need to D/L the mod though. Get it here: http://forum.i3d.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1428 (Link is at the bottom)

Extract the files and then copy the whole folder (btd_alpha_002) into your cod4 mods directory ie: mine is C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods (Yours may be different depending on where you installed it)

Then jump in game, click the mods tab, launch btd_alpha_002 and join my server...

Keen to give this a run on Thursday night if you blokes are... make sure you have the mod though cause i can imagine how long it'll take to d/l through the server lol...
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Hey myself and Glenno had a run on this today and it fucking rocks hey... Hard as even with the 2 of ya's. we'd C4 the joint out, use it as a last resort if they broke the line and try like fuck to cover each other when we were reloading... damn hard!! We made it a couple of times but man when your reloading and they get through.... well it's on!! Hard too cause with any mod you start your rank again... can't wait till someone gets far enough along to unlock claymores... or even double tap.... or slight of hand... lol

Good fun though... hope you boys have it ready to rock for tomorrow night!! Should be a damn good laugh at the very least!!
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 9:52 pm

f%@# I'm shift changing a night early Suspect

Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Belleye
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:06 pm

cool kill the zombies lol
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:29 am

Just a quick one due to possible noobness lol (Fully) to open the file you downloaded you need a prog that can extract RAR files. the best one is WinRAR Go here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and download the top version which is beta 5.

Once you have it installed, find the RAR file you downloaded for BTD mod and right click it, select "extract here" and the folder for BTD will appear. Open that folder and copy the "btd_alpha_002" folder into your mods directory as described in previous posts... any troubles, hit me up over xfire.

See ya's there tonight!! About 6.30?? Keen as!!
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 am

Honky just a question on the mod that we need to download I have downloaded it on winrar copied the folder in to the modwarfare folder went into my mod on multiplayer can not see the mod now I copied the folder into there or do I copy just the files.
What is the server I need to log into please mate?

Cheers dude
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 am

Mate, theres currently no server running it but if you want to try it out you can fire one up yourself... more on that in a sec...

Ok here's the go:

download the file (it's a RAR file)
Extract it using the WinRAR prog described before.
Open the folder you just made through extracting
Inside highlight the folder called "btd_alpha_002"
Copy it into your C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods Directory
close everything up and fire up COD4
Once it's running and the title menu is up click the mods tab.
Select btd_alpha_002
COD4 will screen drop, come back and you should have a different looking menu screen and different music.

Thats it, the mod is running...

Now to try the mod out, go to Create a game and do this:
Set the Dedicated tab to NO
Set a password... pick anything, it's not important
Set Punkbuster to NO
Go to the options tab at the bottom
Set the point limit to unlimited
Set time limit to unlimited
Go back to the first page and start the server.
Your away, jump in as a marine and find a place to hide... the first wave starts at around the 8 minute mark... you'll see what i mean soon enough... dig in and hold em off... simple...

Ok, now for tonight!!

I will start a server. You will need to add my ip to your favourites. You may have already done this if you added my original COD4 server to it.
If your adding it to your favourites you will need to make sure you add the password as well. The password tab is located at the bottom of the favourites page in the middle i think.
Once the server is up and running you can all join!!

My ip details: 121.213.249.129

As far as voice comms goes i'll dop what i can but without vent we're going to have to rough it... I might set my server up with voice comms but we'll have to make sure you have a key allocated to it in your options.

Any dramas just let me know

Cheers

Honky

Last edited by -[PR]- Honky on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 pm

cheers honky guess I did not read the last forum properly must of had a blonde momment
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

Fellas the IP you'll need to find my server is: 121.213.249.129

See yas there... say just after 6.30?

No news on voice comms either so we'll just have to use ingame chat. Make sure you have a key assigned to it in the controls tab. pretty easy to use, i'll make sure it's enable in my server setup.

Cheers,

Honky
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:43 pm

Fuck that was awesome boys!! We really got our arses handed to us bigtime!! Took em down a few times but when they break that line they are hard to keep out... bring on the claymores watching our backs... C4's just not cutting it lol... anyways be so much easier with proper voice comms hey... can't wait till our vent server comes back online and we can try run the mod on our hypernia COD4 server... that'd be the go!! Running it from home can be a little dodgey lol...

Definately be up for another sesh on the btd if your keen boys...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?   Thursday COD4 sesh anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thursday COD4 sesh anyone?
Page 1 of 1