Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New TF2 update

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:56 am

I don't think i like the so called balancing with the soldier and demoman 16 ammo is only 2 clips, I go through that n a very short time allready, Everyone will have to run back to a base to reload all the time, unless engineers build dispensers.

I suppose it makes for a smarter more strategic game but i like'd the all out carnage of shit blowing up everywhere.

Bad move by valve IMO.

Quote :

Team Fortress 2

Added "Custom" tab to the server browser

* Servers can now specify metatags describing the custom rules they've adopted
* Players can use tag filtering to find servers running the custom rules they want to play
* Added options for servers who want to become custom games: Disable critical hits (tf_weapon_criticals), eliminate respawn times (mp_disable_respawn_times), and raise maxplayers above 24

Initial release of Tournament mode (mp_tournament)

* UI for handling team naming, ready mode, and win results
* Disables team player limits, autobalancing, and intermission

Class balancing

* Reduced Soldier's maximum rocket reserve ammo from 36 to 16
* Reduced Demoman's maximum sticky bomb reserve ammo from 30 to 16
* Reduced Demoman's maximum grenade launcher reserve ammo from 40 to 24

General

* Added protection against voice command spamming. Dramatic reduction in teleporters needed
* Fixed mp_timelimit ending the map during the middle of a round on maps like Dustbowl and GravelPit
* Fixed "lastdisguise" command not remembering if you were disguised as your own team
* Added "Toggle Disguise Team" binding in Options->Keyboard to toggle the disguise team for the Spy's PDA
* Changed PDA menus to accept keys bound to "slot1", "slot2", etc., and "slot10" cancels
* Fixed Spectator targetID not using team colors
* Changed team autobalance code to not balance the teams when the active round timer shows less than 60 seconds
* Fixed "-maxplayers" on the command line not correctly setting the maxplayers value for the server
* Fixed Badlands never having Sudden Death triggered
* Fixed Engineer being able to detonate buildings that are being sapped
* Changed Engineer buildings to detonate when a player disconnects instead of blinking out
* Fixed potential client crash for players being healed by a Medic or dispenser
* Made several improvements to server-side stat reporting (not related to individual player stats)
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Hmmm well i guess i'll see soon enough. Only really had a quick session on it but i'm hanging for the next time i get on.... Gonna be hard this weekend cause i'll be fishing but bugger it, i'm gonna have to get on soon. Love the Team play in it... and the mayhem is unreal when everyones hitting the same spot. still haven't got all the controls down yet but getting there.... second game i hit second place though so sooner or later i'll be dishing it out!! Can't wait....

As for the update? Well i probably won't notice it hey... lol... maybe if i played as much as you shonks!! heh heh

Hey where did you get the TF2 bb code form too mate?
Back to top Go down

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 2:19 pm

Yeah i'm yet to play with the new settings so i'll see how it pans out, Hopefully get on later tonight.

Go here for the TF2 sig.

http://www.tf2dev.com/

Have to sign up first, I had a little truoble getting mine to work at first, Do you know how many evaders there are in the Steam community Razz .

I had to set up mine via my Steam ID number and not name, 76561197991350986 this one is yours Honky.
Back to top Go down

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Well i don't know whats going on but since the update i can no longer play TF2? I've gone from 70-90ms ping to 900-1600ms ping, As you can imagine i press forward take my finger of the key wait 5 seconds then watch as my character moves forward, ARGGHHH!

EDIT: Could just be my internet connection playing silly buggers with me, managed to get on one game and hold a ping of around 100-110.

EDIT2: Well it's not just TF2 my whole net is all screwed up now, it took about 10 minutes and a couple of refreshes from timeouts just to get into this forum Sad it's like i've been throttled to dial up but i know for a fact that i'm nowhere near my limit yet. :extremely frustrated:
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 7:10 pm

E-Vader

Are you in Tom Price? my internet connection here is absolutely rooted at the moment, everywhere from 60ms to 3500ms pings to internode and westnet.
I suppose Telstra had an early counter meal on Friday and didn't bother finishing the wiring job they were meant to do
Back to top Go down

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:28 pm

Hmm maybe it's not just me then?, I spent about 2 hours on the phone to AAPT trying to sort it out but no joy, I'm in TP too so maybe Telstra have fiddled with something? any other TP boys having internet issues?.

My pings in TF2 will bounce from 110 to 900+ and once it goes over 1000 i get disconnected.

Spoke to a different ISP tech support and they told me that there is a fault with the exchange in Tom Price but they don't when it'll be resolved.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 4:13 am

Think it's just TP mate.... Fully's beeen bitching about it as well.... Gay dude... fucking telstra!!
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 3:49 pm

Yeah my nets been cactus too, pinged bigpond this morning came back at 100ms, hope it's ok when I knock off today Sad
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 am

Back to more TF2 talk, i saw an article on TF2dev about a huge update headed TF2's way soon. This time with unlockable weapons. Sounds awesome if you ask me... be like BF2 but more fun. Think they are going to base the unlocks on finishing that classes achievements so they are bound to be tricky to get... still, can't wait!! Should be madness!!
Back to top Go down

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Yeah i read somewhere that there was a new kit for each class coming soon, Be cool if some new classes were released not sure what they could be though, I was thinking maybe a thief who could only be invisible to sentry guns and steal them so they become part of your team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New TF2 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TF2 update   New TF2 update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TF2 update
Page 1 of 1