Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

-[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Empty
PostSubject: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 3:33 pm

As requested, heres the details for the BF2 server....

BF2 SERVER

Server Name: -[Pilbara Regiment]-
Password: panzerwar
IP address: 203.46.105.37
Port: 20210

I need to look into the mod options a little more, and as soon as I get an idea I'll be sure to let you all have some input into what we run.
Any feedback can be left here.

OK, after talking with beams on vent I think we sorted the first drama for the server, so heres a little tutorial that may help some, this should fix your problem too vader. If not let me know man
Oh and btw...it was cool just chatting with you guys on vent last night and swapping ideas and games and shit...cheers beams and merlin.

IN YOUR MULTIPLAYER BROWSER DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS

-[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details IPTUT

Last edited by FORGIVEN on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Beamrider
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Beamrider

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Ok...yeah it works now HOORAY! cheers cheers
You've done it FORGIVEN!...

Last edited by Beamrider on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 3:02 am

Beamrider wrote:
Yeah just tried it...sadly it tells me i have the wrong ip address... Sad

Last edited by FORGIVEN on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 4:12 am

I have the same problem as Beamrider, What version of BF2 are you running?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 4:16 am

Sweet i'll try that tonight after work, Unless TF2 draws me back into it's evil clutches lol Smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 am

Ive been looking at renting a TF2 server....
Its a wicked game and I need to get in and play some more???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am

FORGIVEN wrote:
Ive been looking at renting a TF2 server....
Its a wicked game and I need to get in and play some more???

You've sold me, i'll be in there 24/7 lol Very Happy, Got fully comming over on the weekend to introduce him to TF2 need more players!.

There are plenty of empty Internode servers running all the time, Plus with the internode servers i get a ping of about 80-90.

What TF2 needs though it bots hopefully the next update will include them plus 1-2 new maps though i'm yet to play on Hydro, I allways look for 2Fort and Well maps.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Damn fellas, i'm this close to hitting direct2drive or steam this arvo and buying it!! $29 bucks is a mad price.... and if we had our own server then hell yeah, i'll be into that!! So whats the verdict....? Is it the shit or what?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 pm

I've only played a little of ET but i find TF2 to be way more fun i think the visual style is more appealing, TF2 supports voice and really shines as a team based game, if the group dosn't cordinate you won't win, Found the best way to tackle allmost any situation is to have a Heavy being charged by a Medic and a Demoman randomly firing charges and sticky bombs around corners to cover the Heavy, allmost unstopable.

Only DL'ed last weekend and racked up 9-10 hours, Downside being new there is only a handfull of maps but i'm yet to get bored by the ones i've played on and i still haven't played on Hydro and only came into a game right at the end on Badlands.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Oh alright you twisted my rubbery arm!! It's downloading now off STEAM.... you bastards!! Now look what you've made me do!!!!!! lol... Can't wait to give it a run!! Woo hoo sounds the bomb!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Add me on Steam friends list Honky "EVader" I'm up for a session on friday night.
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:15 pm

I had a look at the TF2 preview on steam it looks sick iam keen to give it a go for sure, How long did it take to download?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Beamrider wrote:
Ok...yeah it works now HOORAY! cheers cheers
You've done it FORGIVEN!...

Are you both running the same version? i get this....

"You have failed to connect, Please check your network connections and try again"

? I'll try and download the latest version and try again.
Back to top Go down
Beamrider
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Beamrider

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:06 pm

yeah you need version 1.41 but the game shows it as 1.4 dunno why. scratch
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:33 pm

Ok i'm gonna make a new section in the forums for TF2... leave this thread for BF2 like it's supposed to lol... oh and fully mines downloading at around 380kb/second.... It's at 98% now and it's been going for around 2 hours... sweet!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:40 pm

380kbs bloody hell!!!!! i'm lucky if i get 150kbs on 1500/256.
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:09 pm

E-Vader wrote:

"You have failed to connect, Please check your network connections and try again"

EVader...I googled your problem and it sounds as though another program (possibly router firewall or anti virus) is blocking BF2 from connecting.
Are you getting this error at your "account log in" screen or the "join server" screen?
Does the same happen when you try to join any other public server?

Im going to be offline for a while so I have posted a link to the google search...maybe you will find your answer in those pages

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=FD1&q=bf2+failed+to+connect+error&btnG=Search&meta=

Ill try to get back online and help you out as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:50 pm

Yeah Forgiven just went there for a look it should be great when we get a few blokes on there also like the fact there are also some vehicles to play with excellent should be some good fun Surprised
Back to top Go down
FORGIVEN
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
FORGIVEN

PostSubject: BF2 Server Update   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 10:14 pm

splinter wrote:
Yeah Forgiven just went there for a look it should be great when we get a few blokes on there also like the fact there are also some vehicles to play with excellent should be some good fun Surprised
Yeah for sure splinter...good place to piss fart around in all the vehicles with out annoying people on public servers...or screw up your stats from kamikaze jets and choppers and team killing Honky lol!
Buggy races around Wake Island is always good fun..

On another note...I emailed the support staff at GA about running mods and bots on our server and this is the reply that I received today

Steve Soady, GameArena Support wrote:

Hi,
There is currently a problem with the POE2 mod running on GameCreate
servers. This is currently being investigated and will be fixed as soon
as possible.

Unfortunately we can't allow the use of bots on servers due to the extra
overhead running bots has on the servers' hardware.

Regards,
Steve

Which is a real bummer.
We'll keep trying to track down a server with mods n shit to mess around in...but in the meantime jump in the current PR server and learn how to fly and gun from choppers, bombing raids in jets...whatever until we get it sorted out.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:16 am

That was the same reply i got form GA when i was first trying to set up the ET server. Super lame dude, if they don't have the hardware to run a server with BOTs then WTF is the point? Thats whay i went with Netwars. Will email him again about the BF2 server running AIX or POE. I'll get back to you and let you know.

On the other hand, if we could get enough players on TF2 then a TF server would be madness.... i'll let you know what info i get anywyas champ.
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 pm

Sweet sounds great cant wait by the way fogiven the map i was on deff was not wake and there was only vehicles no aircraft
Back to top Go down
Beamrider
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Beamrider

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Well i hope we starts seshs on it...a great way to rank up aswell Surprised Wink
It server is great very smooth running. Way to go! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details   -[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-[Pilbara Regiment]- BF2 server details
Page 1 of 1