Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Empty
PostSubject: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/sandman.htm

New unlocks for the scout coming soon... looks the goods... although i hate those damn scout fags!!!! lol.... Scout rush!!!!!! LAME!! lol... Nah bring it on... the sooner they do this for the rest of the classes the better!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am

Me just want the Soldier "You Maggots"!

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:58 pm

it'll be funny when the update comes and everyone suddenly starts playing as scouts, I'm just going to put up a sentry and camp the shit out anything that moves.
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 6:56 pm

hell yeah thats the way to go.
just build sentry guns and shoot anything that moves
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 am

i love the pyro when it comes to scouts... they die so quickly lol... there's an achievement for pyro as well called "Weeny Roast" where you need to set 3 scouts on fire at the same time.... lol... remember when the first medic achievements came out? servers were full of em... probably be the same with scouts...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 9:21 am

Apperently two new maps are scheduled too.

Arena Watchtower and CP Junction.

Watchtower:
An Arena map that plays unlike any of Valve’s Arena maps, with a heavy focus on vertical space and long, open sight lines. Control of the central building is a key decision that teams must wrestle over. More Sniper friendly than most Arena maps, it’s a perfect complement to the Scout update. Batter up!

Junction:
A Gravel-Pit style map that the community has been heckling us to include for months. Junction is a sharp contrast to Watchtower. It’s full of tight spaces and short sight lines, which create combat opportunities dominated by ambushes and explosive weaponry.

EDIT:

Links,
http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/watchtower_and_junction.htm

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/
Back to top Go down
hashman
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
hashman

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:30 am

yes, yes, yeah, hell yeh bring on the Team fortress craze again! I still think this game rocks. Spewing I can't be there on Sunday Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 10:59 am

hashman wrote:
Spewing I can't be there on Sunday Sad

Get Andy to cover for a couple of hours lol! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 pm

-[PR]- Honky wrote:
i love the pyro when it comes to scouts... they die so quickly lol...

I was flicking through the offical TF2 forums, one upgrade that stands out for a primary weapon unlock is a water pistol for putting out team mates a temporly disabling the Pyro's flamethrower.
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 2:52 pm

Nice i hope they bring out the water pistal so when Glenno is hanging off Honkys ass as per usual i can hose them off, just like you do for two dogs going at it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/energydrink.htm

Next update, BONK high suger energy drink.

+ the new achievements.

EDIT: from the looks of it too there could be a new double payload map comming too.

How cool would that be both teams pushing carts while trying to stop the other team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:03 am

Another day another Scout update

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/egypt.htm

CP_Egypt and Fastlane update.

Egypt looks pretty cool and from the text it hints at the Scouts scatter gun update which could enable some sort of gun jump like the Soldier rocket jump.
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:12 pm

wait, but if the scatter gun update allows the scout to go higher than his normal jump, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the energy drink restrict double jumps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:15 pm

My understanding is the new scattergun has a pushback recoil effect so you can jump or double jump (if BONK isn't in the loadout) then fire at the ground midair to get even higher.

When firing when not in the air is pushes the scout backwards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 10:37 am

Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:49 pm

that is going to be sweet but pitty you will have to reload ever 2 shots though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 am

Well thats pretty dissapointing Sad

6: RELEASE DAY (with poll results)

No double payload what a bugger.
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 pm

has anyone been on yet? it's like a playing left 4 dead, only with scouts instead of zombies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:47 am

Played a little last night, Got 7 Scout achievements, both teams were made up allmost entirely of Scouts and just about all of them had all the unlockables.

Egypt was pretty good a tight two point CP map, and i like how the attackers cant see out of there change room (solid doors instead of wire gates) so setting up ambushes is much easier for the defenders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks   New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New update coming soon + Scout Unlocks
Page 1 of 1