Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

=PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

=PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Empty
PostSubject: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:12 pm

Below is a list of requirements that is expected of =PGN= members wishing to participate in any Ladder based matches or scrims. If you feel that you cannot comply with the requirements, please contact one of the team captains to discuss it or remove your name from the competing member list for the team.

Firstly, Know the ladder Rules. These are listed on the next post in this thread and will be updated if we ever change ladders etc. You must know the rules BEFORE you start competing. This is vitally important so we do not exceed class limits or weapon restrictions and get ourselves disqualified.

Second. Be active on the forums. I’m not talking about posting, or checking every day but I expect you visit at least once a week. This is necessary as the forum is where we will talk upcoming matches, strategies and class selection.

Third. Know your team. Everyone who is registered to a team is in a specific group for eg the TF2 team is in Gold. Know who they are and if you haven’t got them as a friend in Steam then get it sorted. This brings me to my fourth requirement.

4th!! Practise regularly with your team. Any time you are online and playing please ensure you have joined the Ventrillo server and when you do play, join a team mate if it’s possible!! If the server is full, wait until a slot becomes available and join. Use vent to let each other know when the other can join. Then team up!! Anytime possible, be on the same team and work together. By doing so we will get teams of 2 that gel and work together. If there’s a practice session organised in the forums, try and show up for it. Keep track of times etc on the forums or our Steam group. Try and make it and be as active as possible. Preference will be made to players that have clocked up the most time with their team mates when we have to choose the players for the match.

Fifthly, show up for the match!! If your name is down and you are available then show up!! Our previous attempts at fielding a team in a ladder were constantly hampered by no shows so please be kind to your team and play if you can!!

And lastly…. Have Fun!! It’s all about playing as a team and enjoying the experience. Scrimming is a serious business but lets not forget that it’s just a game and to treat it that way. And remember to be kind to others as well…. Trash talk as much as you want but keep it to an acceptable level…

Last edited by Honky on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Here is a list of the rules for the Cybergamer competition lifted straight from their website. Please read through them so you know exactly what is required and expected when participating in a match!!

Teamsize: 6 (Six)

Criticals are off
tf_damage_disablespread "1"
tf_tournament_hide_domination_icons "1"

Class Limit

2 x Scout
2 x Soldier
2 x Pyro
1 x Demoman
1 x Heavy
1 x Engineer
1 x Medic
2 x Sniper
1 x Spy

Unlocks

All unlocks from the following classes are permitted:
-Medic
-Pyro
-Heavy
-Sniper
-Spy

The primary and secondary weapon unlocks for the Scout are permitted (Force-a-Nature, Bonk), however the melee unlock (Sandman) is forbidden.

Teams who are caught using forbidden unlocks will be punished with round forfeits or match forfeits depending on admins review/decision. Continued use and disregard of this rule will lead to team removal from ladder.

Map List

cp_dustbowl
cp_granary
cp_well
cp_gravelpit
cp_badlands

Competition Mod

The competition mod of choice for Cybergamer's TF2 ladder is Pandan's Warmod, this is subject to change given any better modifications (or none at all given the 3/2/09 patch) based on admin and player debate

Rules

Exceeding Class Limits

If a player changes class in such a way that their team exceeds the determined Class limit already in play for reasons other than respawning at the current team spawnpoint or to quickly recover health without reaching the med cabinet will result in a round forfeit

Map Rules

cp_dustbowl
Dustbowl shall be played with each team having one turn at attacking and defending. Timelimit is 0 and tournament mode is on. The winning team is the one that captures the most points, or captures the same number of points in the quickest time.

cp_gravelpit
Gravelpit shall be played in a 'Best of 3 rounds' format. Timelimit is 0, maxrounds is 3 and tournament mode is on. The winning team is the first team to win 2 rounds, with a round being defined as a turn of attacking and defending. A team wins a round if they capture the most points, or capture the same number of points in a quicker time. A third round is only to be played for tiebreaks.

cp_granary
Granary is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_well
Well is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_badlands
Badlands is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_fastlane
Fastlane is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_gates_granary
Gates Granary is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_labor
Labor is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

cp_freight
Freight is played in a first to five points or highest score after 30 minutes. Tournament mode is on, in case of a draw the map is restarted and a golden cap decides the winner.

Mercenaries

Mercenary refers to a player not currently signed up to your CG tf2 team. A total of one (1) mercenary is allowed provided you cannot secure the 6 players required to play. The opposing team has full say on whether a mercenary is allowed to be used on a player by player basis (or none at all)
This rule is a privelage not a right, abuse of this rule shall see it removed and the team/player punished severely

Point Of View Demo

All players must record a POV demo and be able to produce them to an admin for at least a minimum of 1 week prior from their match.
To record a demo open console with the tidle (`) key and type record [enter demo name]. Example: record "my_pov_war_vs_hs"

Team Sportsmanship
Un-sportsmanship conduct during, prior or post matches will not be tolerated by Cybergamer. Cybergamer suggests that all teams conduct themselves accordingly. If a player or team is found guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct, punishments will be issued.

Cheat Definition

Cheating includes some of the following:
Auto aim
Anything that attempts to bypass any client side settings
Speed hacks
Or any other game play altering cheats

Cheating will result in a permanent ban and can include bans to teammates if shown they were aware of your cheating

Scripts

Crouch Jump script is allowed
Pistol script is allowed
RJ, pipe jump scripts are allowed
Any script that is designed purely to prevent an opponent from hitting you accurately isn't allowed
This includes multi-crouch scripts and spin scripts

Exploits
Engineer buildings can only be built where they can be damaged by the opposing team with the spawn doors closed

Jumping over the trains on well during setup time is permitted, however jumping over them via the overhanging lights on red side isnt allowed

Deliberately crouching more than once per jump is not allowed

Player Connections and Servers

Player connections are solely the responsibility of the individual. Should an issue arise regarding widespread connection problems to the server, then both team captains of that the match will make a dispute and the match will postponed. Postponement of matches will be done so through the dispute section. A CyberGamer admin will reply back and sort the matches out.

If an appropriate alternative server is available, whether a bookable or clan server, teams should try their best to complete the scheduled match on this server. In cases where teams cannot communicate, or a server cannot be found 30 minutes after scheduled start time a dispute should be entered. Teams should allow for an extra 10-15 minutes for the server to be set up. Organisation of alternate servers should be fully communicated between teams, and a lack of communication is not grounds for a forfeit. However, if a team is found to be deliberately unhelpful or cooperative, action may be taken, such as a round forfeit.

Choosing Sides

At the start of each match the team that issued the challenge receives first pick as to which side they wish to play.

Minimum Players

You must have a minimum of 5 players in the match server by the determined match time, you then will recieve an additional 10 minutes to aquire a sixth player (by means of a registered player or a mercenary approved by your opponent)
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 2:29 pm

wow a lot of rules...

just so you know i can competently play demo, medic, scout and pyro aside from the spy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Yes a lot of rules indeed. Especially with having to record a demo and such. never heard of that before.

Anyways, might as well add me on Steam. My ID is Xplayin
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:02 am

Yeah most of them are pretty straight forward but the demo one is new to me... there are also a few more maps that we can choose but i've never heard of them... i'll see if i can find them and set the server up with them hey...

Other than that the main thing we need to make sure we all try and do is always have vent on when we're online and to always try and join a team mate and work together. If we can do that often then we'll all have ninja leet skills before we know it!!
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:44 pm

yeah lot of reading as for vent i always go on it when i'm online though as i found out the other day i still cant BLOODY talk to other team mates FFS gives me the shits.
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Yourmum77
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Yourmum77

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:44 pm

Practice?????!!!!

When do I get time to practice... Any time spent playin games is on Cod4. The only time I play this game is with you guys... Honestly, I'd rather play something much more interesting... like tetris...
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Come on dude... i know you don't really "like" the game that much but your part of a team... which means we all do our part... It's a requirement of the team that team members be active and seen as how you've made pretty much every game and have been active on the forums then your all good.

Dude i'm more than keen to get a team in for the COD4 HQ 3 v 3 ladder if your keen... anyone else keen maybe??? hmmmm????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!   =PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

=PGN= TF2 Team Rules, Regs and Requirements!!
Page 1 of 1