Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TF2 Team Strategy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:23 am

Ok fellas, after much thought i've put a few ideas together on how we're going to get the most out of our team and how we can work as a team...

So firstly... Classes. People need to stick to their class unless told otherwise by a team captain. We need a good spread of classes to and everyone needs to understand their job.

So The Spy.... I reckon Rapid or Drifty are the pick of the bunch here and their job is to flank, stab and relate intel back to the team on whats coming. Their primary target is the medic, then who ever they can get before they get found out...

The Engy... Fully, Splinter, Brim or myself... The engies job is to get some defence up. These games don't last long enough to really benefit from tele's so go straight for the turret and get it level'd up. Then build a dispenser somewhere where the team can benefit from it....

The Demo... Myself, Fully, drifty or Hamsta... Demo is primarily defence but on set up time maps they can booby trap the exits to help sap a bit off the attacking team. Then it's defence of the point.... load up the stickies and then spam the nades to help keep them out... make sure to keep track of how many stickies you have out as they can get shot off... Primarily Defensive but on the front line...

The Pyro... Fully, Splinter, Hamsta, Bass.... Protect the turret... rockets and stickies need to be sent back the way they came by use of the compressed air blast. Keep on it and protect the Turret and engy... don't let the turret fall. Then when all else fails, run in and cause as much havok as you can but your primary role is defence of the turret.

Soldier/Heavy/Medic... Myself, Mum, Fully, Brim... These guys team up and are primarily attacking or defending as required... Heavy needs to protect the medic as much as possible and the medic needs to stay out of harms way. Heavy using Natascha will be best at keeping flanking scouts at bay also...

On an attacking map we will drop the engy in favour of a Scout... the scouts job is to stay away from the frontline as much as possible.. Try to run more than engage and let the big boys sort out the weak.... The scouts primary role is to help cap points... to come in after the carnage has subsided and sit on the point. The extra speed the scout brings to capping is far more usefull than running around getting killed.... The whole team needs to stick together in a group apart from the spy. He needs to infiltrate, back stab and intel. The rest of us stick together and protect the medic at all times. Medic keeps every one buffed and we move in on the point. If the spy manages to take a couple down we hit them hard and hopefully we have enough left to cap the point. Scout comes in for added clean up and point capping but does his best to stay alive.

If we all die!! Wait at the spawn and regroup... only exception is the spy or the scout if instructed to do so by a captain to try cap a point or something...

So for attacking i reckon. 2 x Soldiers, 1 x Heavy, 1 x Medic, 1 x Spy, 1 x scout
For Defence 1 x Pyro, 1 x Engy, 1 x Spy, 1 X Demo, 1 x Heavy, 1 x Medic

As usual post up your thoughts or suggestions.... Next scrim we have tho i expect you guys be be well and trully versed on what we have to do...

Last edited by Honky on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Not bad at all. I can definately tell some thought has gone into this.

As my name wasn't mentioned, I'd be happy to go either Heavy, Medic, Pyro or Scout.
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:40 am

I really think our down side is we dont have a couple of REALLY good soldiers
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:59 am

Thanks Apollo... i didn't throw your name in because i couldn't remember what class you did best...

As for Soldiers, then lets get training. From now on i'll pub it as a solly and try get some practise in hey... anyone who feels that they might be good at this class should do the same and before we know it we may just have some skillz lol....
Back to top Go down

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:25 am

Oh man, Soldiers is one of my least played classes next to Demos. I just can't stand them, eh.
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:56 pm

and just another thing for the pyros if the engy has built the dispenser away from the sentry gun to make it easier for team mates to get to healthup then we need to do extra spy checking around both the sentry and the dispenser, to help backup the engy before leaving him alone
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TF2 Team Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: TF2 Team Strategy   TF2 Team Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TF2 Team Strategy
Page 1 of 1