Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Empty
PostSubject: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi all, The name's Novak, I've just found out about this here Pilbara Gaming Network so here i am, I've only been gaming on the PS3 but have been wanting to try the online gaming thing for some time.
I haven't even got a puter yet that will be good enough for the online thing (running a Toshiba laptop at the mo) so ill be asking heaps of questions (just tell me to shut up if i get annoying).

Whats a respectable Gaming computer consist of?
Is it better buy built or build my own (i think ill build my own, had enough experience in puters to be able to.. I think)

anyway, just on here to say hi and start getting info so i can start thrashing it out.. don't be ashamed if I'm better than all of you when i start <-- Joke

Take it easy guys, talk to yall soon.. Chow!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 4:14 am

Hey Novak, Great to have you onboard, We're always open for new victims... er teammates i mean. Also coming over to the PC was a wise and very good decision, any gamer knows that pc is the way to go Razz.

Generally a gaming computer consists of a hard-drive, case, mobo, ram, gfx card etc Razz. An idea is to go down to your local new agency and pick up a magazine called PC Powerplay, and near the end of the magazine theres a section dedicated to different priced systems, ranging from the beast, to the coupè. But at the end of the day its just research, and talk to people and ask their opinions on "x" component. You cant go wrong

Looking forward to you joining us in events in the future,

till then
-Minsup
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 am

G'day Novak, good to have you with us. Good to hear your coming over to the dark side and into some real gaming. The PS3 is an awesome beast but once you stop using thumbsticks and using a mouse you'll only use the damn thing for playing dvd's lol.... i know thats what mine does!!

Anyways mate when it comes to building a PC, doing it yourself is definately the best and most cost effective way of doing it. I build mine for around $1200 bucks and it's awesome. The most amount of money i spent was on the graphics card lol... Other than that the simple rule is buy the best you can for the money you have. Don't ever buy dell heh heh...

Anyways dude if you need any help the boys here will be able to assist i'm sure. Other than that mate, look forward to having a game with ya when you get your rig sorted.
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:50 am

leave the dells along mine lasted for over 5 years and still ticking its a hand me down now just putting my xps studio through the paces with the 285 graphic card just waiting for the power cords to arrive later will be a bigger case for better cooling
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Yourmum77
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Yourmum77

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:34 am

Heya Novak,

Good to see ya.

Just a note about Honky's comment "Don't buy Dell". And Ryker's love for them.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had mine 18 months... and the motherboard has just crapped out. And shock horror, the only place you can get another one is through Dell. They run a BTX board, so the normal ATX M/B won't fit in the case.

I now have a new CoolerMaster Scout case, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo Motherboard, CoolerMaster V8 cpu fan, new 750W psu and a 1gb Radeon HD 4890 graphics card (cause the 2 8600GTS cards that came with the Dell can't be linked with the crossfire connection from the Dell).
The only things I am using from the shitty Dell unit are 2 x 1gb sticks of ram and the 500gb hdd. (I have also bought another 640gb Hdd). Cost me somewhere round 1g to buy it all.

YourMum
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Yourmum77
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Yourmum77

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:41 am

Hey Ryker,

Do you want a new Dell XPS case???

I have a case from a XPS 720, a CPU fan and a power supply if that's what your looking for.

Just a note Ryker... the case is for a BTX motherboard, not an ATX.

(You remember the massive silver case I had at the last LAN party?)

Mum
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:57 am

oh Ok Thanks for the offer dude muchly appreciated dude but must decline I have a new xps studio stick with it for a little have to do some research first before I purchase any cases to suite the set up for the xps studio due to the extra baggage that in side it
but cheers any way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:03 pm

Well im using the laptop as the gaming system for now, got sick of waitin.. lol. ive got COD modern warfare 2 and apart from a small pause every now and then its not to bad, the system specs should handle the game easily so now im gonna learn da game and get online..

Still going to build a game system though, going to use a solid state hard drive for main operating system so it should be nice n quick
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 7:11 pm

PLE.com.au have preconfigured systems that can be customised, but a real man would build his own watercooling system. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi   Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi
Page 1 of 1