Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!

Go down 
+3
splinter
Fully
Honky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Empty
PostSubject: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 1:10 pm

Well...? Why not? It's a pretty cool set up and is a way of getting us all on the same team working together as TF2 is meant to be... it's pretty straight forward too... you don't have to play every week, you play as much as you want to...

It's set up like a ladder but a little different. Everyone has a rank... Only the top 5 teams will make the finals. To gain rank you must defeat a team above you. You are only allowed to challenge a team a certain amount of spots from your position... so for eg your in 20th spot, you can only challenge up to 10th pos... if you win, you take their spot and everyone moves down a spot... if you lose you stay where you are... simple... so even if you've only played 5 games but have made it to a spot where you can challenge a top 5 pos, you can still make the finals... but i doubt we'd do that this season as they are a few games through already and there's a lot of teams about!!

Anyways, it's all based on challenges. To challenge a team you pick 3 maps (all stock) and then pick a date and then pick the team to challenge. If they agree they pick 1 map and we lock in the date and time etc. When it comes to the game it's the best results after 1 hour... so no huge sessions or having to play every week etc etc... it's pretty casual... If we get challenged and can't make it it's no biggee... they challenging team takes our spot and we drop one position... so no dramas...

Anyways we need between 6 and 8 people each game (we get that most sunday TF2 sessions anyways!!!) so all we need to do is to sign everyone up to the team and then make sure we have enough available to field a team when we decide to challenge... if we don't have enough people available we don't challenge... simple.. if we get challenged and don't make numbers we forfiet and drop a spot...

Anyways, i reckon it'll be a good way of breathing some life into some regular gaming and encourage a bit of competition and tactics on a great game to play flat out with your mates...

Thoughts welcome and if your keen to squad up let me know... i'll give you all the goss on what you need to know to get it set up... pretty easy anyways...

Let me know what you think!!

Last edited by Honky on Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Yeah... we should do this for sure.... count me in!
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Yeah sounds great honky and if we get it off and running we wil definately require people to be able to pick a class and to perfect that class, so we dont have a side that only has 6 or7 heavy's and no medics or anything else, but I would def join in whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 2:47 pm

Ok i've made us a team up anyways so we need to start recruiting!!

Here's how to join!!

Go to https://secure.gamearena.com.au/account/login.php
Create an account or if you already have one, log in.
Send me your account name or head to Ladders and Servers, Select TF2, then Rankings and then find the PGN team. Click it and select "apply to join"... Easy... Once we get 8 members signed up we can start challenging!!

So get your shit together and join up... even if you don't play we need the numbers to get started so please make the effort!!

Cheers boys, looking forward to taking it to these fools!! lol
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:51 pm

when we sign up... do you want us to put for example: pgn honky

because we cant put the ='s in or just leave the pgn out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:21 pm

Im up

Username pgnrevenge
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:25 pm

Your invited mate!!

Brim you can put what ever you like... i think we may need to add our steam id's tho... i'll post back later on how to do that.

Thats 4 of us so far!! A few more and we'll be in business!!
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 6:35 pm

yeah thanks...

all we need now is the few that play and stuff nearly every week not the people who just play once then bugger off for a month or 2 but if its work its good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm keen, My steam id is "exexsycoexex" so just add me, and keep us informed :'3
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 am

Your Steam id is :"hackingsniperbastard" more like it!! lol... man you were on fire last night with the scope!! I can definately see you using it when it comes to the GA games mate!!
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:32 am

Yeah count me in Honky, it's time for me to get back into it.Ive had enough of doing extra shifts.
I just wont be available the the days when im on night shift thats all.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:38 am

Ok so we have enough players to challenge now with 9 people signing up. We will need to get some things sorted though before we do. We will need to lock in enough players to complete the challenge firstly. We must field no less than 6 people so once we put a challenge up we need to show up for it!!

We need to lock in classes to... from recent observations...

Minsup - Sniper
Fully - Heavy
Brim - Scout or Spy
Myself - Pyro or Engy
Mum - Medic
Drifty - Spy or Sniper
Splinter - Pyro or Demo
Hashman - Soldier

Not sure on the rest, been a while since we've seen them... A good spread should work out well and Heavy/Medic combos and well placed sentries etc will be good. We need to have a good spread on Defence and attack so everyone should be good at an attacking class as well as a defencive class for when it gets tough hey...

Anyways we'll also need to lock in 3 maps we think we are good at as well... Then maybe get some practise, figure out good spots for attack and defence etc. Then challenge!! And hopefully not get our arses handed to us!! lol

I think Goldrush wouldn't be too bad a map for a start and the payload Badwater another as it has plenty of sniper positions for the hacking minsup to take advantage of... and fully knows a good spot for a sentry too lol...
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 8:39 am

BigGnats wrote:
Yeah count me in Honky, it's time for me to get back into it.Ive had enough of doing extra shifts.
I just wont be available the the days when im on night shift thats all.

Mate, throw your name into the mix as per the original post... once i get your app through gamearena i'll sign you up... be good to have ya on board mate!! Bring it on!!
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 am

Just thinking some more i reckon Goldrush, Badlands and Bad Water Basin would be 3 i see us as being well equiped for... any other suggestions? 2Fort would be another i reckon we could go well on...
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm

2Fort will be good with minsup and his sniper
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:20 pm

how do we find out about our steam ID's
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:25 pm

Your Steam id is STEAM_0:0:18678615

but to find it you hit the "~" key to bring up the console in game and type "status"
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 4:47 pm

ok thanks for that
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:29 pm

wow I'm defiantly in on this. a couple of things thought

I'm a shit sniper, i couldn't hit a barn door if i was holding it in the other hand.
i am however very good at defensive demo and a back up medic.

also, i work from 5pm-10pm 6 days a week, so if the matches occur in that sort of time frame, you'll have to warn me well in advance so i can get my day off moved. (this is also why i usually don't make it to the Sunday sessions).

oh and I'm going to be away for the next 3 weeks, probably won't be able to even come on the forum for most of it.

other than that you can count me absolutely in!
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:40 pm

okay I'm pgndrifty
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 pm

sorry to spam post but:
The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Untitl12

this tactic works 95% of the time, every time. i thought I'd just bring it up considering we're going to be playing competitively and all.

edit- sorry the lines are a bit off, stupid fireworks...

Last edited by Drifty254 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 9:55 pm

Lol i like your form dude!! Hey shame your not gonna be around for a while mate but hey when you get back we'll hit it hard hey!! See ya when you get back mate...
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:01 am

Ok the ladder for this season ends this Sunday so it gives us one last chance to challenge another team. Should we do it? Or should we flag it and cut our losses? I'm still keen to play but maybe we should be looking at next season maybe? Or even another ladder? Ie a different game?

Anyways let me know what you think. If we can get enough people interested we can challenge again but otherwise i'm not keen given the problems we've had with numbers in the past...
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:25 am

yeah dude keen as just got to get the numbers commited thats the only thing really
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Hey dude you know i'll be in on it, as for another game i think that will put me out of the running, I know tf2 and enjoy it as for other games wellllllll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!   The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The =PGN='s fielding a team in the TF2 GA Ladder!!
Page 1 of 1