Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

-[PR]- LAN party??

Go down 
+3
Belleye
hashman
Honky
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

-[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 10:48 am

Quote :
but he wants a game of some RTS type stuff

As long as this doesn't lead to WOW, otherwise we might as well just skip to the end where we all duct tape our cocks back and don fairy wings.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 1:44 pm

lol i can't wait til minsup reads that mate... lol abolute GOLD...

I don't mind the RTS but i doubt everyone would be into it... wouldn't stop who ever wants in sorting their own shit out and hosting their own games while the rest of us smash on fps styles anyways.... i'd rather be in the "non fairy" wings group myself lol
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 6:22 pm

LOL.. Nice belleye...haha

Honky i havent really had much to do with that sort of gaming, and plus we only have one day.... Bring on cod4 and waw

..... but i think you are going to make minsup's day!!!
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:47 am

Yeah that was pure GOLD and like others i will forgo the taping of the cock and the fairy wings and just stick to what i have an idea about COD4 and WAW and maybe some old school stuff.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 pm

Ok, lets get this thing kicked back in the guts. So far we are nearly completely set up. We just need to iron out the finer details and we're good to go....

So here's what i have so far:

DATE: 7th Of February

Games List:
COD4
COD WAW
Rainbow 6 Vegas II
Quake 3
Doom 3
Unreal Tournament 2004
F.E.A.R Combat
Wolf ET
Games to bring but may not play:
Alien Arena 2007 – Bring on portable HD only
Team Fortress 2 – May be too difficult to set up a server for

What’s sorted:
• Games list
• Venue will be the Tom Price Hotel function Room.
• Set up Friday night, game from 8 Saturday morning.
• Barbie breakfast Saturday morning. Lunch at Pub.
• BYO barbie stuff and munchies
• Piss to be bought from the pub
• Eskies provided by local TP boys
• Glenno to provide 16 port switch, I will provide 8 port switch. Belleye has a 25 port switch spare.
• BYO power boards, leads and Ethernet cables
• Dtour to provide Quake 3 on disks
• Everyone to scan pc before entry
• Flyers created and sent out.

Left to sort out:
• Biggnats, Dtour and Hashman to get time off.
• Set up regs for event
• Set up server.
• CD Keys required for FEAR. (Members need to obtain before event from www.fearcombat.com)

We will get the regs sorted soon and a newsletter will be sent out with what we need to do etc etc and all should be sweet... Let me know if you spot anything on this list that we've missed out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 2:04 pm

hate you all
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm

11 days to go MO FO's!! I'll get the rules and Regs up soon and what else we need to do to get this whole thing sussed!! But it's getting close now hey so make sure you have plenty of room on your hd's, plenty of cash for piss, and get your game faces on....
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Copied this from the newsletter... for those that missed it...

Here's the latest on the -[PR]- Lan Party. It's coming up fast now with only 10 days to go so it's time to lay down the rules and regs for the event. Let me know if there's anything else that needs to be added. Otherwise, see ya's there!!

The -[PR]- Lan Party

Venue: Tom Price hotel Function Room

Times: Setup Friday 6th Feb Afternoon/night, Event runs all day Saturday 7th of Feb

Games List:
COD WAW
COD 4
F.E.A.R Combat
WOLF ET
Quake 3
Unreal Tournament 2004
Rainbow 6 II
Doom 3
Voice Comms: Team speak or Ventrilo

Details:
All people taking part in the event do so knowing that their equipment is their own responsibility. People must also be aware that with any sort of event like this there is always a chance of infection from viruses etc and the potential for damage to your rig. Every care should be taken by everyone participating to ensure their equipment does not adversely affect others. It is a requirement that before you come to the event you have scanned your pc for malware, spyware and viruses with the following 2 programs. Malware Bytes for Viruses and Malware and Super Anti Spyware for Spyware. The 2 programs can be obtained from the following websites. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
They are both free to use and are definitely some of the best around for detection and removal. Please make sure you run an update before running them to make sure you have the latest signatures and run the scans as late as possible before setup night. It’s also very worth while to create a system restore point pre event just in case.
Setup for the event will be held on the Friday afternoon/night. For info on this myself and Fully will be your best contacts. No’s are: Honky: 0400 768 351 and Fully: 0400 771 801. Setting up on Friday night should hopefully give us enough time to get things ready and tested to make sure on the day there are no dramas and everything runs sweet. I am going to have tested everything as much as I can pre event but there’s always going to be something to sort out so best get it sorted early!!
You will need to bring your rig down on the Friday night to set it up. You only need to bring your own power board, leads, monitor, PC, keyboard, mouse and your headset. Speakers won’t be required. You will also require your own Ethernet cable. If you don’t have one grab one with some length to it, around the 5 metre mark. Smaller ones will be ok but if it’s longer than required it’s no dramas to coil it up and it’s a lot better than being too short!! These can be purchased for about 15 bucks each from any pc shop if you don’t have one. I suggest naming your stuff too, things like power boards etc will easily get mixed up so if you don’t want them to get lost it’s a good idea.
You will need room on your pc for new games if you do not have them. Around 20 odd gig should suffice but it won’t be a bad thing to have more. If you need to make room I suggest doing it before the event to save from being left behind while you sort it out. Set up etc should all be completed on the Friday night to save on delays etc come Saturday. Bring your own games if you have them but if you don’t copies will be provided.
To play F.E.A.R Combat you will need a free cd key. You will need to create an account by going to this website http://projectorigin.warnerbros.com/fearcombat/main
Once you have your cd key bring it with you to the event. You will need it to be able to play the game once it’s installed. There is no internet access at the event so you will need to have this before you rock up otherwise you will not be able to play this game.
The rest of the games are all cracked and good to go and will not require cd keys etc. They will just need to be installed and ran from your pc.
The venue is the Tom Price Hotel function room and we have managed to procure the venue at no cost due to member ties with the Regiment. It is however expected that we should buy all our alcohol form the venue to show our appreciation. Eskies and ice etc will be provided by the TP local boys and all piss can be kept in them in the function room. Counter meals etc will also be available. Saturday morning there will be a barbie breakfast kick off and if you want in it’s byo.
People requiring accommodation will be able to stay at Glenno’s place but will require their own bedding etc. Bring a swag if you’ve got one.

Anyways, that’s enough rules and regs for now. Should be an awesome event and I’m keen as for it… Drinking piss and gaming all day… sounds damn good to me!!

See ya’s there!!

Cheers Honky.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:59 am

Ok fellas we need to confirm numbers for the LAN so we can get all the tables etc set up for it...

So far here's who i have down as definate's:
Me
Fully
Glenno
Hashman
Toad
Belleye
Chuck Norris
Chuck norris's mate
Minsup
Pumba
Splinter
My mate Ash

People who haven't confirmed either way:
Nige
Shonks
Balldeep

People who have their period that weekend and can't come (have to work hah hah):
Spanky
Dtour
Biggnats

Anyways, if you are keen to come make sure you get your name down so we can get everything sorted... The earlier we can get it locked away the better hey...
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm

You forgot the GAY LORD Ryker!... lol
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:58 pm

Ok just a quick update, the server is ready and running great, i've trial'd it out a fair bit now and everything is working awesome. I have a teamspeak server running for voice coms, COD4 and 5 are both running joinable servers with all pc's using no cd and the same cd key, all the other games i've tested and they all work fine. Set up so far has been the server, my pc and my laptop with no internet connection.... so theoretically it's all running as it should inside a lan environment same as we'll have it at the pub...

So all good boys, only 3 days to go now and keen as!! So make sure you've done the scans etc and your system has enough space and lets rock!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -[PR]- LAN party??   -[PR]- LAN party?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-[PR]- LAN party??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2