Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wont be buying MW2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:19 am

After reading This:

The short and nasty of it is, there will be "No Dedicated servers" or as someone else summarised it, the following will be happening:

- No dedicated servers!!! PC system will also use matchmaking (like on consoles)
- No server browser list to join into the server that you want to or enjoy playing on.
- Downloadable Content: 402 couldn't say anything about DLC, because they don't discuss PC DLC at IW.
- Also couldn't/wouldn't say whether the downloadable content ie Map Packs would be free or not...
- 402 told them matchmaking would help the PC community as a whole... (bs of course)
- No modtools, no special mods, no custom maps, no mods to create competitive servers or leagues.
- IW.net will become very important, for consoles and PC.
- 402:"Don't freak out till you see the outcome." "and let us know if it sucks" - other guy:"oh we will surely let you know!"
- Minimum specs. will be reveiled around release date.
- Public games hosted by IW!
- Private matches run by IW. So not run by normal gamers.
- Other guy: "if community found a way to use dedicated servers, what would be your opinion?" - 402:"I wouldn't consider it piracy as long as the game was purchased. I don't know if IW has the same opinion as that though."
- You can tweak the server play style a little (hardcore vs regular mode), but won't be able to create a whole customized server.
- So no customizations for competitive gaming!
- As a result of all this, also no CoDTV
- After 402 left: "its obvious we're gonna need to pay for DLC..."
- Fileplanet demo is not true. (someone said after 402 left.)
- There will be a Steam version and the game will use VAC as anti-cheat instead of punkbuster.

Very dissapointed if this is what's going to happen.I buy these games purely for multiplayer only and rarely play the single player game.
If this does happen, i will just download a warez copy and play it for awhile.
So Mr Infinity Ward, you just lost a $100 from me, hope you soon realise that your a bunch of cockheads and rectify the situation.
Rant over
Gnats

Edit: Petition can be found Here:
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:24 am

good idea, considering the success of the l4d2 boycott making assumptions about a game based on limited information and speculation is a brilliant idea. the dudes at infinity ward know what they're doing, community created content does not a good game make. i'm not sure what you have against matchmaking anyway, i mean look at left 4 dead, that works just fine.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am

Think it comes down to choice Drifty, you don't have any say in matchmaking.Yeah i agree with you on some,but i will bet my left nut that L4D & L4D2 wont have the playing longevity of COD4 or even CODUO.
As for the assumptions, there all pretty well true,came straight from the horses mouth.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

No dedicated server software means server rentals and servers like the one i run from home will be non existant. Which definately IS bad news. Man i bought Section 8 when it first came out. We had to wait 3 weeks for an australian server to come out, and it uses the same match making bullshit. It's a dumb idea, and in section 8's case, confounded by the use of Windows Live. The outcome tho, was a large part of the market that turned their back on tha game (including me) because of the lack of low ping servers locally based. This could have been so easily avoided by the use of dedicated server software.

Hopefully in MW2's case it won't be that bad. FFS with Section 8 you had to apply for a fking server key to get one going... fk that... I just hope that if they are going to go down this road, they have their shit together and have like a million locally hosted IW servers ready to go, cause i can see a storm brewing.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Exactly Honky, i know it's only a game but fuck me, why do they go and pull this shit right near its release.If they do have there shit together and have the servers available across the country when it's released, then i dont think its gonna be a problem but you wont figure that out until you have parted with cash for the game which i wont be doing until i hear something positive
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:32 pm

did a bit more research, left 4 dead uses a combination of dedicated servers and matchmaking, yeah mw2 will be nothing like l4d, i shouldn't have opened my big opinionated mouth Embarassed.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 3:44 pm

Plus they are talking about P2P... which may work fine in the US with their hi speeds, but for OZ with the weak as piss inet we get here it's not gonn abe good... i say sign the petition, and hope like fuck they have the sense to listen to us
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:41 pm

Here's a good read and possible work around for no servers. Here
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Wont be buying MW2 Iwpcga10

Says it all don't it?? lol
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Here's a little bit more FAIL dished up courtesy of IW...

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=775&Itemid=111
Back to top Go down
=PGN= BigGnats
Financial Member
Financial Member
=PGN= BigGnats

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:01 pm

By the way i read it, The next Modern Warfare will be console only.Jeez, there not making any freinds with MW2.Had a laugh too, went into warezbb and the whole console section is flooded with MW2 copies.
There gonna stop piracy by not having dedicated servers..............right...lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

i'm going to buy a copy of the original and pirate the new one (i enjoy the single player part), maybe i can finally join in with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wont be buying MW2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wont be buying MW2   Wont be buying MW2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wont be buying MW2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pilbara Gaming Network :: Archived Stuff :: General Archives-
Jump to: