Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss

Go down 
+2
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Honky
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Empty
PostSubject: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 am

Fellas, after 2 easy wins, hopefully this time we'll get a game!! Have challenged The Melon Team who are 0 - 2 so fire up and be ready for action. Will post up details as soon as they come up... or they accept it...

And they have!! Yay we got a game on our hands!!

Here's the details:

Home Team: Pilbara Gaming Network
Away Team: The Melon Team
Map: cp_dustbowl
Server IP: 118.127.16.237:27013
Password: ofnpzo
Match Time: Sat 24th, 10:00pm AEST

So we're good to go boys!! Bring it on and as usual, post up if your available for this match!!

Last edited by Honky on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:14 pm

99.99 % available !!!! Very Happy i can go anything, but best at spy
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Sweet dude cheers. I'm thinking we're gonna need 2 x sollys, 1 x Demo, 1 x Pyro, 1 x Engy, 1 x Medic...

So if you want dude, get some prac on solly and get ur skillz up....
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:26 pm

im in
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:00 pm

i am most likely able to make it
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:08 pm

i'm up for demo, medic or engy
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Ok boys i reckon we try this setup out. We have a few confirmed now and we just have to confirm one more.

Myself
Fully
Drifty
Rapid

Maybe Brim

What we need is...
On defence
2 x solly
1 x Demo
1 x medic
1 x Heavy/Pyro
1 x Engy

On attack:
2 x solly
1 x Demo
1 x Medic
2 x scouts

If you think this setup doesn't work watch the video in the TF2 strategy thread... it's a goer... so lets get trained up for it and smash on!! I will be trying to get some prac as solly this week but otherwise i will gladly go medic. I have a lot of pub experience with that class and back myslef to pull it off. I can support the rest of you but we need 2 x solly's with good skills. so time to get training. I definately think we have quality demo's in myself, Fully and Drifty, and quality pyro's in Bass and Hampsta... but we're gonna need them solly's...
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:01 am

yes i am in this round
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Totaly agree!

Put me down for solly.... time to step up to the plate!
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:23 pm

Also if the other team has no sg's i think our medic should use kritz gun
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Honky wrote:
Sweet dude cheers. I'm thinking we're gonna need 2 x sollys, 1 x Demo, 1 x Pyro, 1 x Engy, 1 x Medic...

So if you want dude, get some prac on solly and get ur skillz up....
yeh ok sure thing .. Smile
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 3:41 am

Soz Fellas wont be there on days then and we dont knock off until 7pm spewin. Good luck for it though
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:40 am

Ok after last nights little sesh it's became apparent that Rapid is a brilliant scout.
Fully and myself can roll as solly's although Fully is a fair way behind me after being dominated all night lol
Karziel is also not too bad as a Solly and should definately have his name down to play in the comp.
Also Dingo still hasn't quite figured it all out but he did have one moment of brilliance where he rolled all 3 of us as heavy... nice...
Another thing of note from last night is that Glenno can definately handle himself as a pyro...

Good to get some practise in anyways boys. I'm keen as for this next match and i'm well keen to fire up and get an "actual" win for a change!!

will post up some strat here soon so look out for the announcement on steam...

Oh and here's a quick run down of who's available...

Myself
Fully
Brim
Hampsta
Rapid
Drifty

Thats a pretty good looking team right there... Here's hoping we go well on the night!!
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:37 am

hahahaha scouts ftw now !!! yeh guess i'll go scout... won turbine in a 20 / 20 game with all 3 caps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Ok time for some strategy...

On attack:
2 x solly - Myself and Fully
1 x Demo - Drifty
1 x Medic - Hampsta
2 x scouts - Brim and Rapid

Medic buffs up sollys and demo as much as possible. All 3 self damage as much as they can in warmup to get that uber prepped. Camp the front door and feedback intel on whats ahead.

Scouts camp the left hand door and call out what they see also.

Door opens, medic, solly's and demo hit the point hard and spam as much as possible. Push hard, pop uber if required (hold it if we get through ready for use on second cap). clean up as much as we can and scouts push in after all the commotion and try cap. If this does not work and we all go down, everyone wait in the spawn and we all push out together as a team. Push hard on the point and hit em up.

On the second cap, there's usually a sentry set up so uber up and medic takes the lead and draws fire while everyone else hits it hard. Demo launch stickies over if possible and take it out. We all come through the tunnels on the left, clear stickies if they are there and hit up that point. Scouts again wait off as much as possible untill we thint he numbers then hit it hard to cap out... scouts can try flank the carnage for a sneaky cap if they feel it's on or run in behind a well timed uber....

So, Scouts and medic need to stay alive as much as possible. Solly's and demo protect the medic at all costs and the scouts need to run when they get hurt. Return to the medic if possible for healing or just get the hell out of there and find some health.

On Defence:
2 x solly - Me and Fully
1 x Demo - Drifty
1 x medic - Hampsta
1 x Heavy/Pyro - Rapid
1 x Engy - Brim

Sentry up at the usual place, Pyro/heavy protects from stickies. the rest of us hit the first point and hold them off as much as possible, then fall back as required. Keep the medic alive as much as possible and try hold them off the point.... camp the dispenser if needed to replenish health. Roll with it, do whats required, play well, communicate and the games ours... bring it on boys.... i got a good feeling about this one hey!!

Any suggestions please feel free to throw them in!! And if you haven't watched the video in the TF2 help thread by all means please do... this is how we need to play....
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 4:28 pm

y am i pyro / heavy ? and should i use scatter gun or fan ?
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:05 pm

He has a point honky... might be worth having rapid as a second demo. You can never have enough stickies on the point imo.

Plus i think heavys are no good for this type of comp.... before the slow fat fuck gets to the point its already taken... and pyro is only good in an emergency to clear the point. Pyros havent really worked for us in the past thats all.
Back to top Go down
Brim
Financial Member
Financial Member
Brim

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:04 pm

does the eastern states still have daylight saving times so it will be 7
PM here for our match?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah it's 7 PM our time boys, 10 PM eastern...

Hmmm i like the scout for attack but when it comes to D you kinda want someone who can take a lot of damage and camp next too a dipenser and dish it out... heavy works for that. Pyro is good in that situ as well because he can deflect rockets and stickies and dish out major pain up close and personal... I'm also pretty sure that Demo is capped at 1 so that's why you never see 2 running around... better check that tho...

I'm open though... i like hampsta as Pyro but he's medic in attack so thats why i kept him medic... unless rapid wants to go medic??

Scout gun, well i'm open to whatever you think is best... there's is a restriction on scout tho and you cannot use the sandman... pretty sure thats the bat tho... I'm happy to do whatever tho... I just think we don't need scouts on D at all so brim goes engy, and rapid has to change as well... you tell me what you think is a good thing... as i mantioned i'm open to whatever... lets get it sorted and if we're all happy we'll play well i'm sure... what i say isn't gospel boys but it's there to give us some sort of idea... you blokes have ideas? by all means bring it on!! =PGN= pride mother fuckers... we own this shit!! all of us!!
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 5:31 am

OK im goin scout on offense BUT if u need me to attempt a spy cap i'll do that... defense i probably best at spy / demo
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Fuck fellas, 3 - 6 loss but man that was a lot of fun hey... Thanks for a good game boys... What we had tonight is definately the best team we've used so far as far as class goes... Liked it a lot... Lets do that shit again soon
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 9:21 pm

YEAH MAN !! 3 CHEERS FOR THE FIRST CAP !
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 8:22 am

We are getting better at working as a team thats for sure! Fuck we got some good caps.

Cheers boys... cant wait till the next one!
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:05 am

Yeah dude for sure. Hey i have some ideas on what we need to do and what we could have done to get that last cap. but i want to mention a couple of things that we did well straight up.

The whole team worked well together. Very happy with that. We stuck to the plan and the plan did us well for most of the game. The scouts did an awesome job on attack. Very pleased to see them sneak in and steal the cap after all the carnage died down... just like the plan...

Also Hampsta as medic. Very good job!! The medic should be the highest scoring player on the team always and a quick check of scores mid game showed the medic on top right where he should be. Good support from Fully, me and drifty and that combo got shit done. also the use of the Kritz gun was brilliant. Really turned the tables.

Now a couple of things that we need to do better. First map the sentry was still at level 1. This must be at level 3 by the time everyone hits that point. We lost that first one WAY too quick and we really needed to push their time out to give us more time when we switched.

The other thing we needed to do was switch from Kritz to uber on that last point on attack. Kritz was great for tight contests on points but for sentry removal you need that invincibility hey. BUT... i have a little trick up my sleeve.... i have a video of it and will post it here soon... it involves some well lobbed stickies and sentry removal from afar... will post the vid here soon....

Other than that tho, i'm dead sure that if we had of capped that 4th point we would have taken them out hey. Damn good effort!! We should definately challenge them again and we should definately do more dustbowl. I think this is one of our strongest maps hey...
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 11:25 am

Good write up mate... i totaly agree.

I think a bit more practice as a team would not hurt either... but we are definatly getting better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss   TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TF2 =PGN= Vs The Melon Team - 3 - 6 Loss
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next