Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Empty
PostSubject: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Ok fellas so so far it's just been captains throwing strategy around and so far with our win loss ration we could definately use some new ideas me thinks...

So.... what do you think... post up ideas here!! We can use the help so by all means bring it on!! If there's something you want to try next game then we'll try it!! Whats the worst thing that could happen? We lose? Lol at least we're consistent!! heh heh...
Back to top Go down
splinter
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
splinter

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:30 pm

I was thinking when we play other teams on dust bowl they all but let us have the first capture then defend hard the second. WE would need some good defending on the first capture at the start to, help the Engy get a top range sentry built as well as a dispense, then when people start dying at the first point DONT go back there protect the hell out of the second, coz by going to the first again they pass us in the tunnels and are already behind us and at the second cap before we can do anything about it. just an observation i noticed when observing from the side lines before
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Yeah your dead right there hey. I reckon commit bugger all to that first point and get set up hard on the second. As you pointed out in the other post you made mate, the tele's were a waste of time so sentry/dispenser up straight away and protect that hard. Drop the medic in favour of a heavy and get a good soldier. Flood that second point and use the demo, pyro, heavy, solly combo on point with the second pyro with the engy protecting the turret. The pyro needs to be good at reflecting shit. Heavy can help with taking out stickies also.

I reckon stick with the spy at the start to take out as many as possible. Demo stickies up as per last game but once he feels threatened he retreats to sticky the second point and spam nades. Spy will change back to a defensive class as soon as he dies or we lose the first point. It's all about slowing them down and increasing their time. Beat it quicker and you win... that's the key to a map like dustbowl.

Another possible setup when on attack... everyone puts the sentry in the same spot on the second cap point. But who cares... why take it out if you don't have to... get a medic uber'd up. Everyone runs straight out of the tunnel at the top and we hide from the sentry untill we get to the point. Medic ubers with someone else and runs out into the open while still keeping the uber link. He's now drawing sentry fire... uber'd player and everyone else attacks the point hard and takes down as many as possible... Everyone crouds the back wall out of sentry range but still capping... medic keeps taking fire untill uber runs out but by then he's protected his team mates untill they have hopefully made the cap. This takes out the need for the spy sap on the turret and gives us one more attacking player which we'll need if they have it heavily defended...
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:42 pm

https://www.youtube.com/user/christianmalazarte

all of the videos in this are brilliant, i didn't watch all of them (only the ones about my favorite classes) but it taught me a lot.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Another thing too, if you see someone in a server who is a ninja, who uses the mic properly and plays the game the way it should be played, don't be afraid to hit them up and see if they'd be keen to join the team. It doesn't hurt to have extras hey and when we're down a couple of the "usual" blokes we have each game then it's worth having an option instead of not making numbers.....
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:12 pm

This is a match from the Cybergamer ladder we're competing in.... there's a bit of a fk up in the middle with the server but man these dudes are awesome and it's a close tussle. See what tactics work here. 2 x Solly's, 1 x Medic, 1 x Demo and 2 x scouts. There's some good stuff here and worht the watch. Video runs for nearly half an hour but as mentioned there's a bit of a server fail in the middle you can skip through.

Well worth the watch anyways!!
Back to top Go down
Fully
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Master Gunnery Sergeant
Fully

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Man i didnt know the medic can use Kritz
Back to top Go down
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]
Corporal
Corporal
=PGN=R4P1DFYR3[UZ]

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:39 pm

so is that EXACTLY how our games will be like ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!   Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Strategy discussion!! Post ideas here!!
Page 1 of 1