Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Admins wanted for our TF2 server

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

Admins wanted for our TF2 server Empty
PostSubject: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey fellas i've finally got admin sorted out on the server. Don't ask me how friggin hard it was to get set up!!

Anyways if you want admin rights i can set it up for you. You will be able to call votes, change maps and a few other bits and pieces all while in game.

This is how you do it:
When in game open up your console and type "status" minus the "" of course.
This will give you your Steam Id... you need to copy this and post it in the forums. It should look like this: STEAM_0:0:15542629 You don't need the eg "/TKE\Honky" thats before it.

And thats it. Post it here in the forums and i'll give you access.

Once you have access all you need to do is this:
Open your console and type "sm_admin" then close the console and resume game and an admin interface will be listed on the left hand side of screen. Choose an option and your away.

Pretty simple really... so potential admins add your steam id's and i'll hook you up.
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:01 pm

i play tf2 a lot do I'm up for it.

STEAM_0:1:18351980

is there anything specific i need to know or do, or am i just keeping the retards, douches and mingebags out of the server?
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 7:39 pm

Done mate!!

To access admin options on the server bring up your console and type: sm_admin and press enter... quit the console and you will now have a menu on the left hand side. Hit the corresponding number key to select an option. Simple.

There's no need for kicks etc unless we get randoms, it's more to initiate votes for map changes etc.

Jump on when you get a chance and try it out, post back feedback if it works ok for you.

Thanks for putting your hand up mate!!
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:35 pm

well everything works fine, i just hope the power doesn't go to my head.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= DingoBalls
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN= DingoBalls

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 5:09 am

sm_admin? For you Honky.... it's S&M Admin!

Last edited by =PGN= DingoBalls on Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 6:07 am

OMG dingo if you don't have anything intelligent to say mate.... lol.... SM stands for Source Mod... not sure if i'd play TF2 if there was S&M in it... hmmm

So you want Admin rights then mate? More the merrier... it's not like wolf ET mate so don't be shy...
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:46 pm

the admin menu definitely takes some getting used to, i keep going to change weapons and accidentally setting someone on fire.
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 5:08 am

yeah dude it's better off just left off untill you really need it... I'll only ever bring it up if someone requests a map change or something... the rest of the time i don't show it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Admins wanted for our TF2 server   Admins wanted for our TF2 server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admins wanted for our TF2 server
Page 1 of 1