Pilbara Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pilbara Gaming Network

Welcome to the Pilbara Gaming Network Forums

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to PGN

Go down 
+3
=PGN= DingoBalls
Drifty254
Honky
7 posters
AuthorMessage

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:54 pm

G'day everyone.

got informed about this site through work email so i thought i'd join and have chat and some fun alien . lil about my self

my name is Ash, im 19 yrs old and live in paraburdoo. My job is Demarcation at the Para Mine. Think i know one or 2 people on here just not to sure about their usernames so maybe they will see this and recongnise me Very Happy.

well i don't have any games you guys play atm but going to buy TF2 as if seems like its the game to play atm from what i hear. i also play good old CS:Source so if anyone wanna have a game im up for it.

Cheers Ash
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:53 am

Gday mate,

Good to have you with us mate. From Para hey? Do you know Big Nick who works in Saftey? He's "The Reaper" on this site and he's been a member for ages. There's a heap of blokes from TP and even Marandoo so you may well know a few already...

Yeah TF2 is pretty popular and for 20 bucks you can't go wrong. Other than that i know that Minsup plays a fair bit of CS...

Hey you free on the 11th of July? You probably already know but we're having a LAN in TP. Don't stress about games you don't have because they can all be provided for ya. COD4 and 5 were epic last LAN and they are able to be set up on multiple PC's without needing disks... Big Nick will be heading over and i'm sure you can grab a ride with him if you want.

Anyways dude, good to have ya with us and look forward to having a game with ya some time... just watch out for the TK and tbag... that never gets old lol
Back to top Go down

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 am

Yeh im downloading TF2 as we speak at home so should be ready by time i get home tonight. I know Nick used to work with him in sampling not sure how he got a STO job or what ever it is, his dodgy as hell lol. as for 11th of july ill talk to nick and should be able to make it over there.

kinda in a pickle with accomodation atm so yeh if im all sorta by then ill be there for sure. Well anyway hope to have a game with a few guys in near future if im not homeless haha.

Ash
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:26 am

lol yeah dude housing toungues muck holes up here hey... not an easy thing to get sorted so good luck dude...

Good job on TF2 mate!! It's an awesome game and if the polls don't change for this sundays sesh you should good to get a run in on it hey... Hopefully the server is all good to go... got some dramas with my modem at the moment so they are down. brand new modem and it only works when it wants to... heading to karratha this arvo so i might exchange it at harvey's and redo my settings tonight...

So you used to work with big nickers hey? Poor bugger... lol... nah he's a top dude and he'll definately be heading over so if your still around dude head on over for the LAN... should be awesome
Back to top Go down

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:11 am

yeh TF2 downloaded so yeh im ready for when ever, i had a go last night its alot diff from cs lol. just kept dying and not figuring out how to kill them, unload a whole clip into them and they still don't die haha, not sure if im doing somthing wrong.

i just wanna get better stats than nick and ill be happy lol, para rivalry
Back to top Go down
Drifty254
Financial Member
Financial Member
Drifty254

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 am

nice to meet you mate, good to have more tf2 players on board. keep an eye out to see if any other members are playing tf2 and just give them a yell, i'm sure we're all ready and willing to show a noob the ropes.
Back to top Go down
=PGN= DingoBalls
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN= DingoBalls

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:13 am

Jesus, Phase.... you got some top gear there mate!

Intel i7 920 (2.67GHZ)
GTX 285
6gb 1333 ddr3 ram (hoping to go for 12gb soon)
500gb HD
24" monitor

Or maybe my 386 is out of date?
Back to top Go down

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 12:03 pm

haha yeh cost me a fair bit but should last me a while, was first comp i built myself, was scary cause i didn't want to screw it cause it cost a lil bit lol. think first computer dad got was a 386 back when i was a wee lad haha.
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:28 pm

nice rig dude
I Have the Intel i7 920 (2.67GHZ)
got the Palit GTX 285 1G on the way
only got 4 gig though
but have 2 x 500G hards
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:12 am

Hey Phase, just been reading through your posts and seems like you could use some TF2 help. We have some good links here: https://pilbarareg.forumotion.com/team-fortress-2-f19/tf2-help-for-new-players-and-vets-t359.htm
Have a read and if you need any more help just let us know. When you first start TF2 your best course of action is to go an assist class like medic. Run around healing your team and see what everyones doing. Once you have a feel for the map and whats going on then go to your more attacking classes.

It's a shame we didn't have a Sunday sesh thanks to damn telstra and my fail inet connection that can't be fixed over a weekend ffs... would have been a perfect opportunity to get some skills up for you...

Anyways dude i'll have the server up soon enough but if i see you online before the next sesh i'll join you for a game and we'll shoot some fools.
Back to top Go down

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 pm

@ryker: yeh i was already over my $$ limit for buying a new comp so one day ill get 2 HD and 12gb of ram, im happy that its running atm especially after i built it so don't really wanna touch anything to soon lol.

@Honky: Cheers for that ill have a read when i have a spare 20 mins and hope i can figure out how to achieve things and not just die and rage.
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:45 am

aarggggggghhhhhhhhh dam cheap dell power supplies did not have the extra cables to hook up my 285 but found a place on line that has sorted my problem the only thing is the part is coming from the USA damm look every where for what I need 6 pin to 2 x 6 pin connector but this site in usa had shit loads of computer parts thank god
Back to top Go down
Honky
Financial Member
Financial Member
Honky

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 am

Hey Ryker, just a thought here mate.... if your using your stock power supply there's a chance it won't have the grunt you need to run a video card like that. I know from past experience from blowing one of mine up. Now your pc is a fairly old one from memory and it's probably still ticking along with a 450 watt PSU... might be worth upgrading dude and for the price you pay for a new one vs getting the cable sent over from america dude, you may be better off hey... www.ple.com.au dude, they'll have one to you in a day....
Back to top Go down

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 am

Yeh ryker i would do same as honky said, think you will need at least 600w i got 1000w in mine but thats just incase i wanna go Sli.
Back to top Go down
-[PR]- Bigjohn50hz
Sergeant
Sergeant

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:11 pm

have a look at www.pccasegear.com they have a fair few psu's to choose from, have dealt with them before with no probs.
Back to top Go down
Belleye
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
Belleye

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:56 pm

Get me on Xfire going to Austins tomorrow arve (thursday) flying up to TP Saturday.

or you could get an old powersupply and hot wire a 12v relay into to it (brown and blue wires by memory) then it will fire up with the dell one - your 285 might let the magic blue smoke out but it will be funny in about 12 months.
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Yourmum77
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Yourmum77

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Hey Ryker,

Check out my post in the " Hey People, New to PGN and New to online gaming.. Hi" thread.

I have some Dell stuff there if you want.

Mum
Back to top Go down
=PGN=Ryker
Gunnery Sergeant
Gunnery Sergeant
=PGN=Ryker

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:55 pm

Hope guys get this you are all correct I was fearing it was true and fair enough fuck dell the cheap ass fucken indian mother fucken arseholes put a 350 in the fucken now I dont have enough to run a peak performace if anyone has a least a 600 to suit a dell xps studio it would be a good thing negotiate over a cold beer and settle for a cartoon of beer as payment or a bottle of spirit your choice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to PGN Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to PGN   New to PGN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to PGN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pilbara Gaming Network :: Archived Stuff :: General Archives-
Jump to: